help please key code problems

Currently reading:
help please key code problems

Alan marea

Hi i started my fiat marea weekend with the red key and now when i start the car with the blue keys the key code light still stays on, the car still starts and works fine. Please could someone help me to remove this. I have the fiat blue card with 2 codes on but dont know wot to do. Many Thanks Alan

insert red key, turn to on posititon (mar i think its called?)
keycode light will illuminate then go out
remove red key
insert 1st blue key, turn to on positon
remove 1st blue key
insert 2nd blue key, turn to on positon
remove 2nd blue key
insert red key, turn to on posititon (mar i think its called?)
remove red key

thats it easy as that, you only have 3 seconds from the key code light going out to get the next key in and into the on position. if you have more than 2 blue keys just add them to the sequence before the final red key procedure, you can have up to 8 blue keys. there must be 2 blue keys for this to work.

this will only work if your red key has different codes to the blue keys (meaning you havent copied the red key to make a blue) and each blue key must have a different code (meaning you havent copied a blue key to make another blue key). if the key code light wont go out after the red key is first put in the on positon try turning it to the off position then back to on, every other attempt the light will not turn off. if it never turns off it means something else is wrong, such as an ecu fault

Back