help please FIAT PUNTO WANTED

Currently reading:
help please FIAT PUNTO WANTED

Status
Not open for further replies.

lancashire lass

Hi Everyone
This is my first time on here and probably the last.
Im looking for a FIAT PUNTO SPORTING/SPORT FOR MY SON WHO WILL BE 17 NEXT MONTH. GOT TO BE IN BRILL CONDITION, BUT HE ONLY HAS ABOUT 2,500. I AM IN LANCASHIRE, AND CANT TRAVEL OUTSIDE BECAUSE OF WORK COMMITMENTS. IS THERE ANYONE OUT THERE THAT IS SELLING ONE. OR KNOWS SOMEONE SELLING ONE?
PLEASE PLESE HELPP IF YOU CAN... MANY THANKS

dave said:
a punto sporting for a 17 yearold! insurance will be more than the car.
better off with an active or dynamic, or a cento sporting

i will have a look at these, altho the cheapest insurance is 750 on mine, which i didnt think was so bad

When i was 17 i was paying over a grand on a 1.0l Uno.

I find it suprising that on a Punto sporting its only £750...

A 17 year old will more than likely not be able to get insurance on a Sporting, or the premium would be ridiculous. I paid the best part of 1K for a group 1 899 Cinq. If you insured the car in your name and then your son was the main driver then you are committing fraud, as you have lied to the insurance company to get cheaper insurance. Also, if he goes straight into what is a quick car, then he may not have the necessary skills to control the car safely. I know of a lady who has had 2 Vectras written off by her son's driving (they were owned by herself, with the son as a named driver). The second Vectra was written off within a month of buying it. She also got a hefty bill from the council for repairs to the central reservation when he hit it.

dave said:
if its his car its not realy legale to insure it in your name, main driver has to be the policy holder, it will also go up when he passes his test

the car will be registered in my name, to give him a break. hes currently an apprentice and earns peanuts and can barely manage now.

sammiboo said:
If he gets paid little then a sporting wont be the way forward.. higher tax, cost in petrol ect... for a first car he is better off getting a smaller engine.

:yeahthat: An 899 Cento, for example costs peanuts to run. A Punto Sporting will cost a lot more

chaos said:
A 17 year old will more than likely not be able to get insurance on a Sporting, or the premium would be ridiculous. I paid the best part of 1K for a group 1 899 Cinq. If you insured the car in your name and then your son was the main driver then you are committing fraud, as you have lied to the insurance company to get cheaper insurance. Also, if he goes straight into what is a quick car, then he may not have the necessary skills to control the car safely. I know of a lady who has had 2 Vectras written off by her son's driving (they were owned by herself, with the son as a named driver). The second Vectra was written off within a month of buying it. She also got a hefty bill from the council for repairs to the central reservation when he hit it.

oh dear, dont know what im going to to do then. dont think i realised the implications.
back to the drawing board.. its a nightmare!

Having read this thread i would consider perhaps maybe a cinq sporting or seicento sporting. All the fun without the higher costs.

Is this a suprise present? If not i would show him this thread and see what he thinks :)

AppleSei said:
Having read this thread i would consider perhaps maybe a cinq sporting or seicento sporting. All the fun without the higher costs.

Is this a suprise present? If not i would show him this thread and see what he thinks :)

yes this helps a lot..... no its not a surprise present. i cant go ahead with this if im commiting fraud, im just not that type of person. its not worth the worry, and its just not me.
i will show him this deffinately so all the help i can get please.
thanks to all of you though.....i really appreciate it

lancashire lass said:
thanks to all of you though.....i really appreciate it

That's no problem (y)

I forgot to say..........welcome to FF :D

Thread closed as all other wanted, for sale etc threads are directed to the classifieds then closed, if you wish to continue the topic you can create a new thread in the relevant section.

Thanks

Liam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back