HELP!!!!! Paint on car door!!!

Currently reading:
HELP!!!!! Paint on car door!!!

Hellp
Iv just been colour coding my door handles and i thougbht that i would leave them on the car and mask off the doors.

I must have missed abit because when i took newspaper off the GREY PRIMER was on my BLACK DOOR. How can i get the primer off my doors without stripping my original black paint.

Iv tried T-CUT but no luck HELP!!!

Try spirit wipe (not white spirit!) from a car paint dealer on a hidden part of the original paint. If it doesn't lift that, use it on a rag on the overpaint. You may still need to use clay or T cut, but it should shift the bulk of it easy peasy. Now you know why most people remove the handles to paint them.............

Will it actually come off or am i f**ked now and i will have to get it resprayed or just get another door?

Try polishing and claying (Meguire's clay kit from Halfords would be easiest to get) first then start to worry if that fails lol. Sure it will come off anyway. I had a black car clip my mirror and leave paint all over it which came off with a bit of elbow grease and Autoglym Super Resin Polish.

Last edited:
you need some cutting compound and a buffer g3 should get it off no probs and will leave no damage just dont go near the edge of the door as you will buff the paint off the edge lol

The asset of experience is hard won.

Shows why we (usually) suggest the long ways around fro jobs like this. 9/10 they are shorter in the long run.

Sorry about the door, but the polishing/cutting products will do the job. Just be careful to not overdo it.

Try spirit wipe (not white spirit!) from a car paint dealer on a hidden part of the original paint. If it doesn't lift that, use it on a rag on the overpaint. You may still need to use clay or T cut, but it should shift the bulk of it easy peasy. Now you know why most people remove the handles to paint them.............

sprit wipe will not touch dried paint its intended to remove waxes and grease/oils from paintwork prior to painting......

if the door is original factory paint use Celulose thinners (try on an inconspicuous area first) but it shouldn't touch factory paint only rattle can...

Last edited:
Thanks everyone i got it off just used t-cut scrubed really hard then polished it a few times and all primer was gone.

Done both handles now looks great thought id take advantage of the couple of days of sun left this year lol

Back