Help needed with name for a business

Currently reading:
Help needed with name for a business

I've been sat here most of the day trying to think of a name for my business I'm starting and have mostly drawn up blank :mad:

I am going to be doing mobile windscreen repairs and light scratch removal, eventually dent removal and maybe wheel refurbs.

So I don't really want anything that says "windscreen repair" as I do more than that, I have also got to be careful with the name so it doesn't sound like I'm a mechanic either!

I'm sure there are a few bright sparks on here with an imagination :p

So throw your ideas in and I'll make a list.

Cheers :)(y)

YouBendEmWeMendEm

I've been through this myself. It takes days of thinking to get a decent name. After you've got a few good ideas check companies house, trademark registrations and domain name availability. All of it is online and free.

Danz Mobile Auto Cosmetics

Just go with Auto Cosmetix - it's qiuck and easy to remember and it puts you higher up the phone book (even before autoglass). However, add a line underneath that says ' Mobile Windscreen Repairs and Dent removal'

Who is your target market, public or trade? 'Cos if it is the latter is doesn't matter so much. Your reputation will be much more important.

Also it doesn't matter if some one is already trading with that name in the UK - just so long as they operate far enough away from you to not to cause confusion (or in a different business sector - which is unlikely). I used to own a company that produced limited edition prints of classic cars. I wanted to call it Speed Graphics, but there was a printer already using that name and as I was trading nationally it would have caused a problem.

I just changed it to Speed Graffix and all was sound.

Last edited:
must say, i do like Vision Chips ;)

Can't agree, he will get phone calls from eejits asking him to remap their ECU's, or some even bigger eejit asking if you get vision fish with that.

Oh and BTW, all the best with your venture, I hope it works for you. Starting and running your own business is a big step, and it's not as easy as people will have you believe.

I once owned two companies and I used to get really p*ss*d off when people used to tell me how lucky I was to be running my own company, running a big motor, earning good money with all the freedom in the world. The only freedom I had was to go belly up any time I wanted - it wasn't luck, it was bloody hard graft, much harder than working for someone else. I will be honest, after 5 years (without a proper holiday) I'd had enough, sold up, got a job and bought enough property to give me a comfortable retirement when the time comes (I hope).

You are a brave man, you have my respect and I salute you, and anyone else who has a go for themselves; and whatever the outcome, be that just you and your van, or a depot with a fleet of the things, don't let anyone try to deride what you are doing, because believe me there will be lots of jealous tw*ts out there who will - most of whom will have never tried what you are doing and most likely never will.

Can't agree, he will get phone calls from eejits asking him to remap their ECU's, or some even bigger eejit asking if you get vision fish with that.

Oh and BTW, all the best with your venture, I hope it works for you. Starting and running your own business is a big step, and it's not as easy as people will have you believe.

I once owned two companies and I used to get really p*ss*d off when people used to tell me how lucky I was to be running my own company, running a big motor, earning good money with all the freedom in the world. The only freedom I had was to go belly up any time I wanted - it wasn't luck, it was bloody hard graft, much harder than working for someone else. I will be honest, after 5 years (without a proper holiday) I'd had enough, sold up, got a job and bought enough property to give me a comfortable retirement when the time comes (I hope).

You are a brave man, you have my respect and I salute you, and anyone else who has a go for themselves; and whatever the outcome, be that just you and your van, or a depot with a fleet of the things, don't let anyone try to deride what you are doing, because believe me there will be lots of jealous tw*ts out there who will - most of whom will have never tried what you are doing and most likely never will.

Agreed, there are a lot of idiots out there that would slate you, ignore them and go for it! If you believe you can do it that's all that matters!

Regards,
Dom

Thanks for all the replies people, there are some good names in there, but I think I've decided on one that my mate came up with, AutoDetail, which doesn't say anything to do with windscreens or scratch removal so I can always add services later on if I wish without having to change the name.

I know what you mean Radlet6, I used to work for a bank on the counter :rolleyes: and it was a simple 9-5, not much thought involved job, where as now there is no start and finish time, going to be getting business cards printed at the end of the week and have a couple of contacts for materials etc.

It's going to be hard graft, but hopefully worth it.

All the best for your new venture.
Make sure you find an accountant (by reputation) who doesn't charge the earth and is sympathetic to the small business man.
also, as I am sure you realsie already, the big difference between being employed and self-employed is that it's all down to you. If you don't keep driving forward, you get nowt, and the Government departments will give you a bit of leeway if you need it, but don't expect much!
Good luck sir.

Back