Technical Help my gearbox Crunches going into Second Gear Fiat Seicento

Currently reading:
Technical Help my gearbox Crunches going into Second Gear Fiat Seicento

Akka87

:bang: hi all i was wondering if anybody could help me out

when i drive my fiat seicento in first gear at about 4000 revs and change into second the gear Crunch but it only happens in second gear :S at about 2000revs its fine or im thinking when its cold it dont do it but when its warm it does any info on this would be gr8 as i dont want to take it to a garage and told it need this that and the other also is there any pics etc how to tighten a handbrake cable

Car is fait Seicento 2001 1.1s not sporting

i bought this car about a month ago and it was suppose to have had a new gearbox and clutch in july

Last edited:
you need to use something called mechanical sympathy. you can't buy it from halfords but it could extend the life of your car by years.

Hi, I've got a mrk 2 punto.

Mine is sometimes a bit difficult to get into 2nd!!

Usually when the car is cold though.

Just try and treat it with a bit of care and changing gear more smoothly if possible.

Sorry i cudnt think of a cure!! :bang:

Clutch it more =D
or get to 40mph in 1st gear. and go into 3rd =D

Has anyone rebuilt one of these gearboxes, or priced up a re-conditioned unit? Just a thought?

- John

I have the same problem and thinking about it it always happens when its cold so I will try some of the tips here, thanks guys
HLA91

Hiya all. I also have abit of a gearbox problem i think................ No matter if it's cold or warm and its always between 1500 and 2000 revs no matter what gear im in. It's like a grinding sound thats prob the best way i can describe it, took it to my fiat dealership who reckon its the normal sounds that it should make but it dint do when i first bought it. Oh and its a Fiat Punto 1.2 sporting (2004) lol
Any advise welcome :0)

Hi There, these gearboxes are really easy to sort out. The first and second gear syncros are the same and the first gear one never wears out. It takes about 2 hours once the box is out of the car to take it apart and swap the 2 syncros. Be very careful though, don't let the selector rings slip off, they are sods to put back together if you can find the bits.

Mark

just out of wonder, on vw forums they sometimes have someone selling a kit to tighten up the gearchange by replacing part under the gearstick and ajusting it all?

the gear stick is really wobbly in mine and my mates sei compared to my grandads car (that i drive every day) just wondering if there is a solution or just gfet used to it?

sam:)

the gear stick is really wobbly in mine and my mates sei compared to my grandads car (that i drive every day) just wondering if there is a solution or just gfet used to it?

Chances are that the linkeages are worn or something is very sloppy in the mechanism. Check with the aid of an assistant, preferably female..........

Back