HELP!! Lost / Stolen Dog Sheffield!!

Currently reading:
HELP!! Lost / Stolen Dog Sheffield!!

I was wondering if any forum members in Sheffield or know anyone in Sheffield can help. I am trying to find information out about a Lost/ Stolen brindle Staffordshire Terrier in Sheffield.

It goes by the name of Buster hes about 4 years. It is my auntie and uncles dog and they have 3 children who miss him dearly. They have had him since he was a small puppy. He escaped from their garden on Saturday! which he has never done before. He was last seen in around the Liberty drive area, in Stannington.

However this has come from my uncle;

"I have just had a phone call withheld number from a woman saying that the dog I have lost is actually hers what she lost 11 weeks ago, she says she has collected and took her own dog to the PDSA to check that it was her dog (??) surely she would know and they said it is. She says that someone at Stannington called her and said her dog was running around and to come and collect it. I asked her if I could have a look at the dog, have her number or address and she refused saying it was her dog. I am not saying she is wrong but I have called the PDSA and they have no record of her visit. I have now reported it to the police as theft who are investigating. Could I ask whoever contacted this woman to contact her again and ask her to call me again just to clear this up. I don't want the police to turn up at her door only to find out it is her dog. The Lady has moved from Stannington to Ecclesfield recently so if anyone has noticed a family who have just got there Staffordshire Bull Terrier back after being missing for 11 weeks please pm me in strictist confidence."

She is claiming that he is now wear a gold collar. The police has been informed and the PDSA and all other organisations have confirmed no chip readings on a Staffordshire Terrior has been performed since last friday.

So anyone living in Ecclesfield can you keep an eye out please. He is a friendly dog to people however he gets scared of some dogs....

buster 1.jpg

buster 2.jpg

buster3.jpg

have you got him on dogs lost.co.uk or whatever the site is?

they're really good. tonnes of registered volunteers who help out.

you wanted a post this is all i can offer
im not a dog person and i live in leeds and rarley go to sheffield and im scared of dogs

seems like robbery to me

Last edited:
could try local radio station to see if they broadcast it?

hope it gets sorted soon xx

have you got him on dogs lost.co.uk or whatever the site is?

they're really good. tonnes of registered volunteers who help out.

Thank you not sure if he is on there I will check if not i will put him on. If there was a thankyou button i would use it:)

could try local radio station to see if they broadcast it?

hope it gets sorted soon xx

That not a bad idea will suggest that. Again no button but thank you!!!!

you need to post it on Dog Pages too and probably staffy rescue forum. i'll cross post it on the forums im on too tomorrow if you want.

pm me tomorrow (am going to bed now) if you need any other pointers.

also makes sure the police and dog warden are contacted and local vets. plus check with local pounds.

(i do a lot with dog rescues and dogslost:eek:)

ets: sadly due to his breed he'll be popular with the local chavs :( good luck finding him.

Last edited:
you need to post it on Dog Pages too and probably staffy rescue forum. i'll cross post it on the forums im on too tomorrow if you want.

pm me tomorrow (am going to bed now) if you need any other pointers.

also makes sure the police and dog warden are contacted and local vets. plus check with local pounds.

(i do a lot with dog rescues and dogslost:eek:)

ets: sadly due to his breed he'll be popular with the local chavs :( good luck finding him.

That would be great of you would! I have found out he is on dogslost but ill check about the rest. Thankyou!!:)

The police have begun an investigation due to the women further behaviour. All vets in Sheffield have been notified has have the company that stores the electronic chip numbers, as they have all had to be used to verify that a Staffie has not been scanned since friday. He is now classed as stolen to this company to.

Buster has been found!! I dont know details yet but i will let you know in due course(y) Thankyou for all your help and advice!!

Back