Technical Help! How to remove crankshaft?

Currently reading:
Technical Help! How to remove crankshaft?

I pulled my 110F engine and have the crankshaft free, but can't figure out the trick to removing it from the case. The manual says to snug up the counterweight to one end and drop it out the other. I can't get the counterweight past the connecting rod bolts. Do I need to pull those out? Can it be done without pulling the pistons out? All I need to do is replace the crankshaft and related bearings and I'm stuck.

If the spark plugs are out push the pistons up into the bores so they are out of the way. You can get the crank out then and pull them back into position when you have the new bits in. Don't turn the conrods and make sure the numbers stamped on them match & are on the camshaft side of the engine :)

I pushed the pistons up as far as they would go. I could not figure out how to get the crank maneuvered out of the case. The more I tried, the more risk of damaging something.

Broke down and stripped everything off the engine. With the cylinders/pistons/rods out of the way, the crank was easy to remove.

Back