Technical Help ! Flashing mileage 2012 595 abarth

Currently reading:
Technical Help ! Flashing mileage 2012 595 abarth

Vafung19802

Hi guys
Hope someone can help me ,
I’ve had this 2012 595 for approx 6 months now and enjoying it but not when things go wrong 😞 it’s a pain

Ok so got in the car a week ago and turned her on only to notice that the mileage has started flashing and no blue me connectivity…
I’ve tried a sequence to which some 500 owners have said to be successful of turning the ignition to on (not motor starting) turning on hazard lights then turn off , turn ignition off and remove the key then ignition back on , but still odometer flashing 😤
I’m not sure what route to go down now ?
Some owners have said that it could be the battery but car starts fine .

I looked in to the service history to see when the battery was changed last but no documentation on the battery .

Does the battery need to be a certain voltage to hold the little electrical components from going awol ?

Should I perform a battery voltage test if so what would be the best way ?

Any help or direction I could move to would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks guys

Do let us know what you find :)

The Forums register of people with the correct software to help with the mileage might be helpful

MultiECUScan register :cool:

Hi and thank you for your reply
Would it be worth disconnecting the battery and see if this reboots or are there any possible fuses I could check ? Thank you

😳😤😤 it all I needed is there anyway I can just do away with the blue me if it has failed don’t really want to spend £££ to get a new module ?
Also in regards to disconnecting battery is there a procedure to this as I’ve heard that disconnecting the battery can throw the instrument panel in to a fit ??
Your advice is much appreciated 👍

Hi all ok purchases a new battery today and installed it , still flashing mileage…
Could anyone guide me or help me
I’m looking into the fault of the blue me could any you guys recommend if I should replace the unit if so where to buy from ?
Or is there a way I can do away with the module and fix the flashing mileage?
I’m lost on look into the mes scan
Please help thank you all

Hi there yes thank you so much for all the info and link .
To be honest got the battery at a good trade price just to give it a go .

I’m thinking more along the lines of disconnecting the module all together .
Try to source someone who can do a proxy align in Hertfordshire will check the register but unsure if any local ?

Would swapping out the old radio for a new one be a good thing as was reliant on Bluetooth , do they make them that specific shape to fit in to the 500 ?
Apologies if I’ve missed out on any thing you have suggested.
Really appreciate your help .

Hi,

I just wanted to bump this up, bought a 595 - the previous owner has disconnected the blue and me module and I have the flashing mileage. The system installed is far superior but I wondered if the car can be proxi aligned without the module?

Hi,

I just wanted to bump this up, bought a 595 - the previous owner has disconnected the blue and me module and I have the flashing mileage. The system installed is far superior but I wondered if the car can be proxi aligned without the module?
Hi 🙂 I believe so,

It is basically testing and accepting the current network..

That is my understanding

Look out for somebody with the correct kit

The forum has a register of users, 😉

Or post your basic location
County / Region

Hi, yes you can do a proxy aliment with multiecuscan if you have disconnected the blue and me. You have to turn the blue and me option off in the multiecuscan. Done it on my 500sport

Cheers
Hi there yes thank you so much for all the info and link .
To be honest got the battery at a good trade price just to give it a go .

I’m thinking more along the lines of disconnecting the module all together .
Try to source someone who can do a proxy align in Hertfordshire will check the register but unsure if any local ?

Would swapping out the old radio for a new one be a good thing as was reliant on Bluetooth , do they make them that specific shape to fit in to the 500 ?
Apologies if I’ve missed out on any thing you have suggested.
Really appreciate your help .
You will have to buy a facier panel (double din or single din) depending on the stereo you are fitting.
Pidge

Back