Styling Help Fitting New Fiat Wheel Trims!

Currently reading:
Styling Help Fitting New Fiat Wheel Trims!

morpheo

Hi, I have just bought the proper fiat wheel trims and was just wondering how exactly they are fitted(fiat mk2 1.2 8v). Do you take off three screws and leave one?What tools will i need exactly? your help is much appreciated!

I've still got the alloy wheels on mine and bloody hate them. I don't know what the woman who owned it before me did to them. They're scratched to bits and she's tried to paint them but she's just made them look worse. I've been looking to change them to normal wheels and then attaching some wheel trims but haven't got a clue where to get some wheels from - non of my local scrapyards have any to fit a Punto.

I got my official fiat ones on ebay.Just to double check,my mate has exactly the same year fiat as me and the trims were the same.Payed 40quid for all 4.

Spike87 said:
I've still got the alloy wheels on mine and bloody hate them. I don't know what the woman who owned it before me did to them. They're scratched to bits and she's tried to paint them but she's just made them look worse. I've been looking to change them to normal wheels and then attaching some wheel trims but haven't got a clue where to get some wheels from - non of my local scrapyards have any to fit a Punto.
you could get the alloys pro refurbed about £30 a wheel, what town you in?

I'm in Nottingham. My uncle has done the two front ones - they look OK but the two back ones are terrible. £30 doesn't sound too bad to have them refurbished.

Nope, the guy said they wont fit :( . Never even heard of PCD before - I was just looking for 14" alloys.

PCD stands for Pitch Circle Diameter i.e. the diameter of the circle in which the bolts are situated. Most fiats ecxept the large ones and vans have a 4x98pcd - the 2 opposite bolts are 98mm apart

alloyguide.co.uk said:
Pitch Circle Diameter (PCD)

The P.C.D. can be defined as the diameter (in millimetres) of an imaginary circle drawn through the centre of the stud holes on the wheel and/or the vehicle wheel hub.

When new wheels are required, it is essential that they have the correct P.C.D. for the vehicle concerned.Just because a wheel from one vehicle has the same PCD and offset as the wheel from another does not mean they are interchangeable - the centre bore of the wheel and hub must also be the same to ensure centralisation of the wheel, and the shape of the spokes must ensure clearance of the brake calipers. Many manufacturers use the same wheel fitments as others, but some are unique.

4.jpg

hope this helps, the alloys you were linking to were for a daewoo matiz, which the PCD is 4x114mm, so the holes will sit 8mm out all the way round the hub.

On fiats, you can get away with 4x100mm PCD by using an invention called "wobbly bolts" which employ a washer round an undersized bolt, which when all 4 bolts are in makes the wheel as solid as if you had the proper bolt pattern. It's just slightly fiddly getting them on.

Hope this helps.

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Back