General Help Fitting A Roof Rack To My Seicento...

Currently reading:
General Help Fitting A Roof Rack To My Seicento...

Hi,

I've bought a roof rack for my Seicento, it was described on eBay as fitting Uno's, Cinq's and Sei's. But I'm having difficulty fitting the rack beind the door seal. I've taken some pics to show you what I mean, what am I missing?

Your second pic shows the indent in the door aperture, above your finger, that the clip should locate into. As above, longer clips on the front bar.

Your third pic shows the foot too far out. The cutout in the bottom of the foot should locate over the roof moulding. This helps locate it and also spreads the load either side of the roof seam, where it is strongest. You need to adjust the feet inwards.

When we got our Sei roof bars the set we got was supposedly for Cinq and Sei but no way could I ever get it to fit. The fittings on a Cinq are different to the Sei if I remember rightly. In your first two pics you can see an indent above the rubber, that's where the bracket is supposed to sit but your bracket is too long. I got mine from http://www.roofbox.co.uk/ and they are based in Sedbergh which isn't far from where I live. I made phone call after phone call but they kept saying it was the right one. Eventually I drove up there and asked them to fit it for me. They instantly realised it wasn't going to fit and gave me a different one which did fit.
The first one I got looked like the one you have. If you have to lift the rubber you will not get it to work, you will not be able to close the door!

Ian.

Thanks for the replys.

I thought it looked like the roof bars fit in the indentation above the seal but the "hooks" would be too long and the rubber pad would not sit on the roof.

The rear ones look to fit fine, they slot inside the window so would have to be the longer hooks.

I think I have got the wrong bars.

Ed

They look different to the ones fitted to my Cinq (Genuine Fiat). From memory (which isnt that great :) ) the length of the "arms" were different on each bar. The longer ones went at the rear, the shorted the front.

Last edited:
Edd. I've got the same. The front don't fit under the seal they fit over it! Give me ten minutes and i'll fit mine.

Don't know how to upload pics from a smartphone.

Basically you don't pull the seal out, you place the clamp over it, making sure its all lined up properly. The lip of the clamp goes under the inner seal as you have it in the pic.

I have the Automaxi on my Sei, have driven Torquay and back, London and back a few times from Suffolk and no problems in rain etc.

Last edited:
Back