General help engine problems

Currently reading:
General help engine problems

BROCST@r

i need help,just replaced head gasket,radiator and my baby cinq wont start theres 12 volts in battery when i turn key it turns over(slowly)then dies the voltage gets sucked out of battery. leave it and check battery there is 12 volts, i have tried to tow it but will not run ithink there is somthing electrical HELP

i need help,just replaced head gasket,radiator and my baby cinq wont start theres 12 volts in battery when i turn key it turns over(slowly)then dies the voltage gets sucked out of battery. leave it and check battery there is 12 volts, i have tried to tow it but will not run ithink there is somthing electrical HELP

Firts port of call should be the order the plug leads are on, followed by have you timed up the cam/cambelt correctly?

as you do when doing any repiar and it does not work you second guess everything you have done iknow timing is bang on,alternator is not siezed,will check water pump and will do a commpression test as well the leads are ok marked them up before removing if there is compression there it is electrical problem thank you all for your input get back to you all soon cheers

checked water pump ok and commpresion all ok put on new battery,turns over alot better but slows down for asecond and then cranks over ok gonna get some new plugs and recheck timing think i am using right marks can anybody tell me what they do thanks again

so it starts now but doesnt run correctly,check timing,map sensor,breather pipe from TB to map sensor.

https://www.fiatforum.com/images/smilies/slayer.gif
:slayer:the time was 1150am, sunday, cinqy parked on3 wheels and an axle stand for 4 days, 20 mins before taxi arrived to take me to work got to be there for 1pm, slowly walked over to car cursing. just spoke to rickypuntos about timing, still not firing,told me what to do for the 10th time, jumps underneath agian took off pulley and squinted at crank markings...................................................holy sheepdip some clown has put the pulley on wrong markings them fkcuing gremlins must have done it moved it round or i am a ejit. any way, re-fit it properly (cheers rickypuntos) first turn off key to my relief it started (quick i said tomyself get it back together quick cancell the taxi) now monday running great. it nearly all came undone again on sunday night 8 hours after getting it going in a rush did not put any anti-freeze in it any way got some in it all a OK thanks to rickpuntos(a good man sells bits &bobs as well ) every one else and my big african mate leonard for use of his toolshttps://www.fiatforum.com/images/icons/icon7.gif
Smile
shortened version (crpa ta tyipng)

uno turbo bits

car is running great, now i know a man (dingbat really doesnt have a clue) he owns a uno turbo and has a spare engine aswell its been parked up for 10 years in his garden (its been ravaged by the weather) asked him for inlet and exhaust manifolds and turbo and pipework of spare engine he said .................................£20 I nearly fainted(this fellow is a full blown idiot doesnt practice at it, it comes natural to him) tell me good citizens of fiat forum what can i buy to graft ont my cinqy sporting. I await your wonderess replies, let there be good ones aswell fcuk me I dont half witter on about bugger all cheers ANDY

Last edited:
Back