General Help! "Engine Fault" Dealer giving excuses

Currently reading:
General Help! "Engine Fault" Dealer giving excuses

FixItAgainTom

Hi,

I purchased a Fiat Stilo JTD on January 11th 2006, since then I have taken it back to Fiat on three occasions with two problems:

Problems:
1) When starting the car the dashboard displays "ABS Failure Stop engine" with a bleep. This has been resolved (I hope) with a new ECU unit.

2) When driving along randomly get the dashboard display “Engine fault stop engine" for 2 or 3 seconds. Does not seem to be a power loss or any other noticeable faults.

So Fiat has made a few adjustments to the car, but with no success regarding the second fault "Engine Fault".
When I last took my car into Fiat 3 weeks ago they told me to drive the car until the fault occurs again and they would take the car in for a week to resolve the issues once and for all.
I rang them this morning and they basically told me that because the fault displayed only for a few seconds (did not stay permanently on) this is acceptable and is also mentioned in the 'Handbook".
So what they are saying is I have got to put up with this fault as it is not really a fault, but just annoying bleep and message every time it decides it wants to do it.
Personally I think this is unacceptable, and was not one of their selling points when I bought the vehicle.

Can any kind person give any help info etc.. as im not happy!

Many thanks.

Well, not much help, but unfortunetly that kind of errrors comes up very often in my Abarth too.

As long as they just blink for a few seconds ans disappears no worries for me though.

But i havnet had the engine one yet, so i guess it must be concerning.

Since its a brand new car, i would givet it a couple of weeks more and take it back for a service, since thats untolerable.

Back