Help Connecting AMP + Factory Fitted Speakers; Punto MK1

Currently reading:
Help Connecting AMP + Factory Fitted Speakers; Punto MK1

bickyz

Hi I have Fiat Punto MK1 with factory fitted speakers (2 on dash & 2 on boot) with Kenwood Head Unit.

My friend has given me 2 Channel 450w amp. Is it possible to connect this amp with the factory fitted speakers only.

I have bought the amp wiring kit but i dont no how to connect speakers wires and to where.

-Wire from battery to amp(+12v)
-Wire from head unit's remote connection (blue wire) to amp(rem)
-RCA wire from head unit to amp(Input L R)
-Wire bolted to car metal part to amp(grnd)
-Speaker wire i dont no how to connect. I can see there is iso terminal(female) at the back of the head unit connected to the iso connector(male) of the car (probable this one is for speakers). It has following connections:

Right Rear+ | Right Front+ | Left Front+ | Left Rear+

Right Rear- | Right Front- | Left Front- | Left Rear-

And on the amp section for speaker connection it has:

L- L+ R- R+

I will be grateful if someone could please help me on connecting the speaker wires, if possible.

Thank-you

43_1_b.JPG

put some 6x9s in the pancel shelf there more powerful then them crappy factory ones and it will give u a bit more bass and the sound will be alot clear

ive just got 6x9s and 1 bass box runing off the factory wires and 1bass box connected up to am amp and i must say i cnt turn it all the way up cos theres that much sound coming off it im scared to lol

:)

You could run the 4 speakers off the 2 channel amp, but generally 1 channel per speaker. Personally I woud get some Punto GT/ELX doorcards and get 6.5" speakers and lose the 4 standard speakers.

Beau the amp won't necessarily blow the speakers - you'd need to be careful setting it up, but you should be able to run it on the factory speakers with no problems.

Could somebody help me how to connect the factory fit speakers wire to the amp's speaker connection:

As i said amp has
LEFT+ LEFT- RIGHT+ RIGHT-

HU has some sort of iso connector
Right Rear+ | Right Front+ | Left Front+ | Left Rear+

Right Rear- | Right Front- | Left Front- | Left Rear-

Back