General Hello!

Currently reading:
General Hello!

Amir

Just to say big HI and that I'm really pleased and glad that this forum still works! I haven't been here for some time but that doesn't mean that I don't drive Fiat even today! I have some problems with automobile starter but I hope I will get it fixed soon. Mentioning this.... The car will not start because it doesn't have enough power! When we checked the power that alternator sends to the battery it is good. But when I listen to music for 5-10 minutes, when driving of course, and turn the car off and start it sometimes, not always, it just will not start! I've changed all the parts in the automobile starter, but it still has problems. Did anyone had similar problems?

Keep on doing threads! :D

I had the same problem, but was due to the big amp i've installed.
After destroying 2 batteries (1 was 6 months old and the other after a week) i've decided to put a Bosch Battery of 60A (the original was 45).

In case you have also an amplifier check whether you have connected the "remote" cable from the amp to the cd player. (usually with the RCA connectors)

hi amir :)

it sounds like the battery could be the fault.

also check the main earth strap from the gearbox to the chassis. if it is rusty and frayed it can cause this problem.

I knew jug will have some great idea! :D I have an amp but even when I turn it off I still have the problem. And also I did connect the remote cable to the cd player. I had problems with the cable, sometimes the amp wouldn't turn on but like what I said, now I turned off the amp totally and again the same problem. I will try to see that earth strap, maybe that is the problem! Could it be that there is something wrong with the starter?

if the starter is the problem then the engine would not turn over at all. you said "The car will not start because it doesn't have enough power" so i assumed the engine is turning over slowly and will not start.

if the engine is turning then the starter motor is not the problem, it is your cold cranking amps that are the problem, either because the battery is not giving enough amps (bad battery) or because the circuit is restricting current flow (earth strap or rusty connections).

Back