Punto (Mk2/2b) Hello there, please could you help??

Currently reading:
Punto (Mk2/2b) Hello there, please could you help??

hibbs

Hi, I'm new to forum.
I have just bought a pioneer DEH-2700UI stereo to fit in to my 04 punto (still has original tape player) but cannot get it to power on! Have tried switching wires around, but nothing is working!!
Would really appreciate it if someone could help?!
Thanks

Hi, I'm new to forum.
I have just bought a pioneer DEH-2700UI stereo to fit in to my 04 punto (still has original tape player) but cannot get it to power on! Have tried switching wires around, but nothing is working!!
Would really appreciate it if someone could help?!
Thanks

ugh..... right here we go again

Punto mk2 2004 - Mk2b with a canbus radio

The stock stereo has 1 power feed (constant)and 1 earth, there are 2 thinner canbus wires H and L
these 2 wires are more like 12v data lines vs 12v power lines, and SHOULDNT BE TOUCHED/connected to the new HU

The car tells the stereo when to turn and off

-----------

Your new stereo has 2 power feeds, Constant and switched and 1 earth
Your original constant wire that powered the current stereo wiring, needs to be connected to the new HU constant wire as well, otherwise you'll not
A - power up
B - keep any setting like clock or radio stations

So your asking - how do i have 2 power feeds? Preferably the missing switched feed

You need to use a piggyback fuse in the cigarette sockets fuse (in fuse box)
Or you need to cut and solder and heatshrink to the actual cigarette socket

this then needs to run behind the dash and up into the back of the HU wiring, to be connected to the switched feed position
See here about this

Mine has been wired like this for months now, no issues, just simply requires the key to be on ignition for it to work, nothing you cant do about it, unless your willing to live with flat batteries every morning :(

Ziggy

Back