500 (Electric) Hello thanks for having me!

Currently reading:
500 (Electric) Hello thanks for having me!

Lealea4435

Hello, new to the forum and new to the world of driving…. Started learning this year at the ripe/best before age of 41 and hoping my impatiently waited for fiat 500e to arrive any day this month!
I ordered a new Rose Gold Fiat 500 electric Icon back in July and it’s due for an October delivery nope I haven’t passed my test yet the waiting times are still horrendous for driving tests since covid I do have one booked for January but I’m checking the last minute cancellations list daily to see if I can squeeze in one of them!
Ive wanted a fiat since the new 500 come out over a decade ago after seeing them on almost every tv show they could throw them into for free advertisement in younger programmes and now I have one! Well it’s on the way but good as!
Anywho Im Leanne from Liverpool U.K. a mum to an 11 year old boy with autism and ADHD hence the urgent need to drive so I can take him to his new senior school which is a 90minute walk no too bad now but dreading it when the weather turns he can’t do the journey alone he’d end up in wales and it’s just another excuse for me to use to get my little pink car! I’m also a crafter I make things any things lol usually paper crafting, 3D printing, digital cutting, laser cutting, sublimation, miniature making etc jack of all master of none! thanks for letting me in!

Welcome 👋

Ive heard from Uni age people how long they have waited for a test.. at least the theory has a long validity :)
It’s a nightmare! The theory test at first even had a few months on it but the practice has around a 6 month waiting period for tests and the cancellations are only for the coming three days …. One of the other students with my instructor has his test cancelled last week for no reason given and was rebooked for November as the earliest I’m hoping some people want their £62 back over the Christmas period and I can sneak into a few cancellation places lol 😂

Hi Leanne and welcome! Hopefully you can get your test sorted sooner than later - it would be horrible to have your new 500 stuck on the driveway for 3 months! :eek:
It will be used as I will be getting some practice in with any full driver I can grab ahold of till my test time lol 😂 thanks for the welcome

Hi @Lealea4435

Any news on your 500?
Hi, just waiting on a delivery date for it they are still backed up for new cars but I did contact fiat who outright ignored my emails lol but I contacted the dealership I ordered through and my contact said that I cannot hook anything up to the in screen display the best way is using one of those rear view mirror ones for front and back dash cam - should have really just spent the extra on the rear view camera but never mind on the hunt now for decent mirror dash cams

Attachments

• 1_mirror installation.jpg
    1_mirror installation.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 39
Hi @Lealea4435,

Did you find a suitable dashcam?

Just installed this on my Panda Cross, easy to fit and (so far) very impressed with how it functions.

Hi

I got a reply from fiat and you can only have one built in with the car when purchased new so I got a Wolfbox G840S rear view mirror dash cam and rear cam which I will get hardwired in when I pick up my car this week! Yes finally got my pick up date this week lol only waited nearly 7 months for the bloody thing haha!

On the bright side.. you will see ok battery range from your 1st drive. :)
very true but also scared as it will be my first drive alone since passing my test lol if you see a pink fiat 500 going stupidly slow next week its me freaking out haha

Back