General Hello Panda Owners.

Currently reading:
General Hello Panda Owners.

Formula 91

The Panda race series!
Hi All,

I'm new to the whole Fiat thing, I came by my Panda when looking for a cheap run about as fueling my Land Rover is getting pricy! The Panda is great fun to drive and full of character (y), and has exceeded my expectations - I have driven it every day since I got it a week and a half ago!

Its a '91 1000 CL in white (well most of it). Although I want to spend as little as possible on it, I do want to maintain it and keep it looking good.

To do this I am having to rectify some bad repairs made by a previous owner, but to do this I need a bit of help.
  1. If any one knows of a good drivers door going spare, preferably in white, I would like to hear from you. (None of my scrappys have any!)
  2. Does anyone know the official paint name for this colour of white (or how I can find out)
I am also after a rubber bonnet stop (the ones that screw into the slam panel) one of mine is missing and the bonnet was rubbing on the wing:( - (tempory fix in place).

Look forward to any replies.

Tom.

Think I should have the bonnet rubber but may be as easy to get one from fiat if there is a dealer near by as they are pretty cheap. As for the door Erm rocking horse poo springs to mind although I do remember someone saying they had a white door a little while back so have a search. Finaly the paint code is on the tailgate OR should be. It's a silver sticker and should be on or near the bottom right looking from the back seat.

Thanks Alan, I'll give the dealer a bell on that rubber and check out the paint code label later on.

Tom.

No problem, and apologies for not giving you a warm welcome to the site :eek:

So.......a very warm welcome to the site :D

Oh! hope this helps....

Hatch1a.JPG

Last edited:
Welcome fellow Panda as tender to Land Rover owner. You can't go far wrong with "the best 4x4 by far" and a Panda.

Mike '91 4x4 Sisley
'98 Defender 90 300tdi

Bonnet to slam panel, anti vibration stop/buffer Fiat part 7601457

Wing to bonnet buffer Fiat part 46523276

Fiat refer to both items as " Pad "

Suspect it will be the former that you require.

Check with dealer for current prices, any bona-fide dealer should be able to obtain these for you in three working days.

Welcome to the forum.
Rgds.

Last edited:
Thanks guys - I am impressed with your quick responces, and quality info.:)

Alan D. - Thanks for the additional picture. It is there and the answer is White 210.
xsparky - I couldn't agree more, although I am wondering if I should have got a 4x4 Panda!?
petel - I will be taking a trip up to my local dealer armed with those numbers, thankyou.
Most Easterly Panda's - I am intrigued by your spots. Is that a custom job..?

Cheers guys with help like this I am likely to come back again. (y)

Nope, origional Fiat (I think) :D

Only available on the 4x4's initially and I managed to stumble accross them on eBay about 14 months ago. There hasn't been another set on since :((y)

You can make custom one's which are easy to do though (y)

Jon.

Hi Formula 91 welcome to the site I have a Colour 95 M plate capri blue
all the best m8.

Thanks guys - I am impressed with your quick responces, and quality info.:)

Alan D. - Thanks for the additional picture. It is there and the answer is White 210.
xsparky - I couldn't agree more, although I am wondering if I should have got a 4x4 Panda!?
petel - I will be taking a trip up to my local dealer armed with those numbers, thankyou.

Cheers guys with help like this I am likely to come back again. (y)

The 4x4 is great in its natural environment, rocky narrow tracks in the Alps which is where I first got to know them or grass or snow, but doesn't suit the sort of off roading I do now and again, which is mainly Salisbury Plain, the deep ruts are a bit much for the limited ground clearance. I'll be sticking with my Sisley because I'm a sucker for the canoe motifs which tie in with my main hobby which is canoeing, [ anyone got a good drivers seat they want to sell?! ]. Also if you've got it to save money compared to the Landy, you're better off sticking with a 2WD, I don't find the fuel consumption that good, even though I've got it running quite well now., about 37mpg is the most I've got out of it. There was a test in LRO recently where they got 47mpg out of a Defender! Mind you they stripped everything off it including the doors.
Mike

Bonnet to slam panel, anti vibration stop/buffer Fiat part 7601457

Wing to bonnet buffer Fiat part 46523276

Fiat refer to both items as " Pad "

Suspect it will be the former that you require.

Check with dealer for current prices, any bona-fide dealer should be able to obtain these for you in three working days.

Welcome to the forum.
Rgds.

Just returned from the Dealers. Picked up the bonnet buffer (7601457) and a new Washer bottle cap (mines missing) for under £6. Also got a can of white 210 from Halfords for about £5 with a trade card. So not bad all in.
Now if only I could find a door.....:confused:

Thanks again to all who helped out.

Back