Stilo Hello from france; stilo 2.4

Currently reading:
Stilo Hello from france; stilo 2.4

vinzin

Hello everyone!
Greetings from france, I'm Vincent, 26yo new buyer of Fiat Stilo Abarth.
Here are some pictures.

Lot of thing to do on it, I will probably need your help.

Attachments

• IMG_20191206_193106.jpg
    IMG_20191206_193106.jpg
    307.1 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_20191206_193114.jpg
    IMG_20191206_193114.jpg
    300.1 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_20191206_193157.jpg
    IMG_20191206_193157.jpg
    277.7 KB · Views: 71
Hi welcome

This is a great forum for assistance, guides and knowledge sharing.

Tell us more about cars history, Km's etc.
I see rear badges out of standard position, maybe standarize ?

I suggest you make a list of what you are aware of that require to be fixed or inspected.
Then prioritise from the list Safety then reliability. ( Perform triage - French word ? )

Enjoy

Well I've bought it for nothing few months ago, mileage is 180.000km, MY2002 equiped with selespeed gearbox, not a lot of information about it history ( only servicing bills).
I've already fixed a lot of issues ( right mirror not working, rear wiper also, complete servicing with oil filling and spark replacement, electrical passenger seat, MIL light ==> oxygen sensor replacement, brakes cleaning, airbag light on, rear light short circuit).
But I still have to perform long mechanical repairs... HVAC modul hae to be repaired ( air distribution not working) so I have to remove all dashboard, replace timing belt and water pump ( i will replace clutch in the same time).
Problem is; I'm completely blocked on one failure; my wipers! each time I start the engine they never stop, I've already checked the engine and I really have no diagnosis idea...

Sorry for my bad english guys :D

See you
Vincent.

If you have the dash out, I would replace the climate control actuators (4 of them).

If you do the clutch, it seems impossible to buy the slave cylinder new.
Carefull, sometime a JTD one is fitted, but the sensor is missing ..., it must have a sensor on it.

If you want to go full E85, I switched to this
https://www.fiatforum.com/stilo/476558-stilo-abarth-bigger-injector-e85.html?p=4501637
Cold start are not so good, but it is working

If you need to change EV0 / accumulator, you can buy it from aliexpress a lot cheaper using the right number
https://www.fiatforum.com/stilo/472716-abarth-selepseed-cheap-ev0-accumulator-source.html?p=4474260

Have fun (from Toulouse)

Yes, I bought ELM327 interface and MES but I don't see error on wipers

There could be short in the wiper switch or in wiring near to it that makes it look like the switch is on so would not look like an error.

Switch is probably dead, I'm already trying to find one but not so easy

Back