Hello from Cape Town, South Africa

Currently reading:
Hello from Cape Town, South Africa

Gregant

Hey guys. I'm the proud new custodian of a 2008 Fiat Strada 1.6 ELX. I'm hoping to find some technical info on here, and help anyone else with what I can learn from my escapades with this rather fine vehicle. In case some are a bit perplexed as to what a Strada is (most are probably not - but I don't see the model listed here), Its a 715KG load capacity truck or "Bakkie" as we call it here in South Africa, based from what I can tell, on the Palio. If anyone has any info for me on these, and where I may obtain a Workshop Manual and/ or Owners Handbook, that would be amazing.

20230129_134614.jpg

Hey guys. I'm the proud new custodian of a 2008 Fiat Strada 1.6 ELX. I'm hoping to find some technical info on here, and help anyone else with what I can learn from my escapades with this rather fine vehicle. In case some are a bit perplexed as to what a Strada is (most are probably not - but I don't see the model listed here), Its a 715KG load capacity truck or "Bakkie" as we call it here in South Africa, based from what I can tell, on the Palio. If anyone has any info for me on these, and where I may obtain a Workshop Manual and/ or Owners Handbook, that would be amazing.

View attachment 418228
All I can find in my Auto Data is 2000-06 Fiat Strada 1.2 petrol Pick up with engine series 188A4.000 or a 1.9 diesel , what engine series is it?

Hi bugsymike. Thanks for the reply, and sorry for the delay. I actually have no idea what engine series it is. I am struggling to find any info on this vehicle, even a workshp manual that I can purchase. Any help is much appreciated. I am more familiar and have mostly worked on BMW's. And I did some work in the past on an Uno Mia for which i did have the Workshop Manual. I feel like I am flying blind with this car. I also recently have developed an intermittent idle issue I need to try and diagnose. Very strange. The car would just suddenly start idling at about 2500-3000rpm. Sometimes it would go back to normal fairly quickly, or it would stay up there for a while. I have checked for Vacuum leaks, but did not find anything. I can also not seem to figure out where the MAP sensor is on this car? The ICV seems to be integrated with the throttle body, so could be related to that, but it looks clean, and I have cleaned it more. It is aftermarket though, unless Automann is an OEM supplier to Fiat? So perhaps the TB was replaced at some point and is now faulty again. Could even be TPS. Not a great start to what is otherwise a very nice vehicle...

Hi bugsymike. Thanks for the reply, and sorry for the delay. I actually have no idea what engine series it is. I am struggling to find any info on this vehicle, even a workshp manual that I can purchase. Any help is much appreciated. I am more familiar and have mostly worked on BMW's. And I did some work in the past on an Uno Mia for which i did have the Workshop Manual. I feel like I am flying blind with this car. I also recently have developed an intermittent idle issue I need to try and diagnose. Very strange. The car would just suddenly start idling at about 2500-3000rpm. Sometimes it would go back to normal fairly quickly, or it would stay up there for a while. I have checked for Vacuum leaks, but did not find anything. I can also not seem to figure out where the MAP sensor is on this car? The ICV seems to be integrated with the throttle body, so could be related to that, but it looks clean, and I have cleaned it more. It is aftermarket though, unless Automann is an OEM supplier to Fiat? So perhaps the TB was replaced at some point and is now faulty again. Could even be TPS. Not a great start to what is otherwise a very nice vehicle...
Hopefully there is a chassis plate with Vin. number and engine series number, most commercials have a plate like that with the load carrying details etc. either under the bonnet/hood or on a plate inside the cab somewhere.
If we can locate that my Auto Data can give details like oils , capacities,torque settings and other stuff, plus may be cam belt timing details.
Don't know about workshop manuals etc. as Strada 1.6 Pick up is not a model found around here, perhaps another Forum member knows more?

Back