Panda Hello from a 100HP Newbie!

Currently reading:
Panda Hello from a 100HP Newbie!

TheHood

Just thought it"s only polite to introduce myself before I strart annoying people with stupid questions :) (as well as have a play with the forum software).

I've just put a deposit down on a 40k mile 100HP as a daily "shed" after coming to the realisation this

26-Vauxhall-VX220 (1).jpg

is no longer a sensible way to commute 2 miles to work! The extensive mods I've made especially the independent throttle bodies have made it a pain in traffic, so after 10 years of ownership its time it became a bit of a garage queen :eek:

The Panda will be staying totally standard, although I'm no stranger to a spanner so its going to take will power to not tinker :D

I've done exactly what I tell everyone not to do and bought it sight unseen :eek: but it was cheap, it all checks out on paper, the seller is definitely genuine and it's no biggie if shocks/bump stops etc. need sorting.

So hello! :)

It's the (better :p) lighter N/A.

My one is modified from the standard 145HP to a dyno verified 215HP.

Nice.

An ex-collegue used to have the same, a go-kart on wheels (the Panda is one too).

What have you done to get these gains, cams and TBs? What ECU are you using?

Lovely looking motor that.

I did the same thing as you, my supercharged MX5 wasn't keen on the 1 mile trip to the station every day, so I bought a 100HP. Great fun car!

Nice.

An ex-collegue used to have the same, a go-kart on wheels (the Panda is one too).

What have you done to get these gains, cams and TBs? What ECU are you using?

Webcon ITB kit including their ECU, ported head, mild(ish) billet cams, double valve springs, different 0g balanced (OEM) pistons/rods, balance shafts delete, knife edged 0g balanced crank, 4-1 manifold, 2.5" 2bular exhaust, cuddly toy :D

The 100HP concrete suspension holds no fear for me ;) I'm looking forward to thrashing the little Panda without fearing my licence!

Lovely looking motor that.

I did the same thing as you, my supercharged MX5 wasn't keen on the 1 mile trip to the station every day, so I bought a 100HP. Great fun car!

Thanks for the compliment (y)

(It hasn't been that clean ever since it left that place that did the paint protection film :D)

:wave:

hi. you will soon learn that it maybe cheap and have only 98bhp but it's huge fun and you won't be treating it like a "shed" as they are so much fun to loon about in regardless of what other cars you may have !

The shed comment is firmly tongue in cheak :p . There are VX owners with other much nicer/valuable cars than their VX220's used as thier main transport that stil refer to them as "sheds" :D

I've asked the current owner not to wash it so I can do it. Sad I know, but I don't think you get to know a car until you give it a good clean :eek:

Back