Panda Hello Fiat family!

Currently reading:
Panda Hello Fiat family!

bristolfiat

Hi,

After many years of owning second hand Fords, i just bought a second hand Fiat Panda (2007) Hatchback 1.1. Active 5 door in excellent contion.

Very happy with it so far. Just trying to figure out how (or if) I can get a roof box on it! I will post a separate thread on that.

Cheers,
James

Welcome. Good choice of car. Join the smiling drivers club. If you dont have the longitudinal roof bars you can get roof bars that fit direct to the fixed mounts built in for them and then you put the roof box on those cross bars. If you have the roofm rails you just need some cross bars for your rood box. Google Panda accessories.

The roof rail mounts have plastic covers. Make sure the threads are clean before screwing in the bolts and take care to use correct length bolts. Anything too long bottoms out resulting it all sorts of problems including rust on the underlying roof panel.

Thanks both for your feedback. The main challenge I have is that I can only find part OEM 50900983 (see attached picture) which are the crossbars for Pandas that are not fitted with Transversal (longitudinal) roof bars.

But none of the services that sell roof boxes (Halfords, Thule, Cruz and online roofbox companies) seem to support these cross bars. Their feedback has been that "none of the roof boxes we sell would fit the 102cm distance between the fixed points on the 2003 - 2012 Fiat Panda five door. I think the fixing points on this vehicle were really designed for the longitudinal rails to be fitted into, which is why they are so far apart."

But the problem with this is that i cannot find anywhere to buy the longitudinal rails. However it looks like if you can locate them they are quite easy to fit (see video link below)...

Any leads or solutions appreciated!
James

Attachments

• Crossrails.jpg
    Crossrails.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 32
You have to use cross rails that clamp to the OEM rails and fasten your roof box canoe/board/cycle carrier to them. Alternatively use cross rails that screw into the roof pockets that support the OEM rails. They cost about £50 a pair.

Rails to fit the OEM roof bars are not much cheaper and you have to add the cost of OEM bars.

Phone these guys. They might still have the roof bars in stock.

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Thanks to all for your feedback. I phoned a lot of garages advertising "fiat breaking" cars for parts on Ebay, but all of the roof bars had already gone by the time i got in touch. I found the parts for £50 + £15 delivery via https://www.partsgateway.co.uk in the end. A garage offered a quote within 24 hours and they arrived next day after i ordered them. Result!

Back