Ducato Hello. Another newbie.

Currently reading:
Ducato Hello. Another newbie.

KlaasReinders

Hello from a Dutch guy who lives in Germany now. I'm here, because the 2009 Ducato 160 Multijet 3.0L 117KW/160HP broke. The clutch let us down in France during our vacation.
After the repair, on the way home, in Belgium, the car let us down again... Because of a traffic jam, the car temperature went to the hills, and there we stood again. It seems after the French repair, something went wrong the ventilator... I think. So I need the electric schemes, and hope to find them here....

Thanks for accepting my account.

Hello Klaas

I attach some diagrams for the engine cooling fans. These are taken from eLearn, with some captions added by me. If your vehicle has air conditioning, the low speed fan has two speeds which are selected by a relay which shorts out the ballast resistor when a higher speed is required. The fan relays are all controlled by the engine ECU depending on data from the Temperature Sender.

If no fans are running, check that the connection to the Fan Earth is OK. Also look for any loose wires or plugs not connected !

Attachments

• Radiator Fan Ballast Resistance.jpg
    Radiator Fan Ballast Resistance.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 36
  • X250 Cooling Fan Relays and Fuses.jpg
    X250 Cooling Fan Relays and Fuses.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 34
  • X250 Cooling Fan Schematic 1.jpg
    X250 Cooling Fan Schematic 1.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 35
  • X250 Engine Cooling Description.jpg
    X250 Engine Cooling Description.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 31
  • X250 Engine Cooling Fans with Aircon.jpg
    X250 Engine Cooling Fans with Aircon.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 35
Hello. Here is an little edit about the situation. The car broke down and was taken by Carmichiels (Vilvoorne, Belgium) on July 29th.
Because they are not a real garage, they couldn't find the problem. They said
Aug 5th he was brought to the Netherlands (my old home) to Iveco garage in Utrecht (where I lived). They fixed it.

We're on the road again. 🥳

Back