General Hellcat has sold his Marea Weekend.....

Currently reading:
General Hellcat has sold his Marea Weekend.....

Hellcat said:
Who's that in your sig?

You're having an affair with a guy with a green marea :cry:

Least i've got my cd-multichanger to keep me happy :rolleyes:

I'll update my sig once we get a pic of the new marea and my Bravo together :D

Hi Hellcat
I might be wrong but i think that version of your car is 136hp but the guy to confirm it would be Alfanige, as when enquiring about a remap he told me that my T reg 130 JTD was in fact 136hp. Not much difference I know but it is in the right direction. (only 46mpg your not trying) Never had less than 45 unless the caravan's on the back)
The car you've got now makes every weekend a "Great Weekend" enjoy!!!

Dave
PS I would check your speedo. Mine's shod with 195x70x15's as per the owners manual and the speedo reads almost exactly 10% high (To get the local speed warning signs to say 30 I need to be doing 33, this was confirmed with a sat nav)

Last edited:
SORRY ALL, the tyre sizes mentioned above were the size fitted when i got the car,
Now running on 195 x 55 x 15's and it's this size that gives a 10% over-reading on the speedo.
Sorry about that I really shouldn't drink and surf.

Cheers
DAlex

But surely that will increase the rolling circumference even more,
Does anybody know what size tyre would correct the 10% under-reading ???
cheers
DAlex

hi all, just to clarify, when i bought the car i too thought it should have 195/55r15 but that was for the td versions, on the 130jtd it is 195/60r15, i checked this out at work from all my info (tyres are my work!). there is a small difference between the rolling circumferance of the 2, without checking up at work cant say how much, but the jtd130 should 100% be on 60 series. incedenatlly the rc should be checked when upgrading to bigger wheel/tyre combos to keep speedo readings as close to normal as possible, once you know the rc of a tyre just devide that number into the rc number of your intended replacement size to give the percentage difference, anything around 2 - 3 % is as good as it gets. cars i see with 17" & 18" wheels and high aspect ratio tyres look strange and will be far out on the speedo. remember it is a percentage difference that increases the gap with speed, so a 10% bigger tyre increase will show 30mph on the speedo but will actually be doing 33mph, while at 70 indicated you will be doing 77mph! , it also loses you 10% in acceleration which is more of a problem, how many people spend a fortune in trying to get 10% more power then go and fit bigger tyres???:bang:

Here you go at last.. Photo of the car at its new home..

Marea_HLX.jpg

I had took a load but my phone threw a wobbly during data transfer and lost all my photos in the bluetooth ether.. :rolleyes:

I got to drive the new car back home last night. It was great, so much power, half the time i didn't realise my speed :eek:
I wonder if the engine will fit in my Bravo :chin:

Back