Technical heater problems in my siecento sporting

Currently reading:
Technical heater problems in my siecento sporting

Lezzles

Hi this is my first post,

I've got an ongoing problem with the heater in my siecento sporting. Problem 1 the dial won't turn very far. Problem 2 When i do turn it the temperature won't change. Another cold winter in Scotland defrosting the inside of my car beckons if we can't fix this.

So far we've opened one of the bleeds and had no issues. A mechanic mate says there should be a second bleed soemwhere but we can't find it. Can anyone help?

Ta

excuse the pun but you need a new heater 'cock'

Getting a new one of these should sort out problem 1 and 2

search for 'sei heater cock' and that should bring up a few threads

Last edited:
Aw smashing thank you. Will be sending my boyfriend into the shop to ask for that i think though! :p. I look forward to the day when i can throw away my 'car hat' and 'car gloves' when going to work.

I can see a parts man having a coronary if a young lady walked in and asked for a cock.

Better not be a gay parts man if your boyfriend goes in.

Cheers

D

That colud be very interesting David :p, just get them to ask for it at your'e garage.

There are 2 bleed nipples on a Sei.
No 1) Bulkhead right infront of you when you look at the engine.
No 2) Near Driver's headlight.

There is a bleed point next to the pipes to the heater matrix, it is a little dangly pipe just above them, It pokes out from noise insulation material.

The other bleed point s between the coolant header tank and the headlight, Ot it is AWOL it has escaped into inner wing void.

Noel

My Sei heater is also not warming me very much. So I gave the local Fiat dealer a call and asked how much a new heater cock was.

Now Sit Down Everyone,

He replied £111.19, I said your having a laugh arent you. No he said "Thats the correct price Sir".:eek:

Can anyone who has just bought one, please confirm the price ?

My Sei heater is also not warming me very much. So I gave the local Fiat dealer a call and asked how much a new heater cock was.

Now Sit Down Everyone,

He replied £111.19, I said your having a laugh arent you. No he said "Thats the correct price Sir".:eek:

Can anyone who has just bought one, please confirm the price ?

If it is p/n 46722588, the price in my ePER is £122.....

Back