Technical Heater motor

Currently reading:
Technical Heater motor

WestMidsSteve

Heater motor on my 1996 55 only works on full speed.....Is it common for the resistor to fail or have the switches been known to be a problem ?

My hunch is resistor but I'd like to find out before I go in search of one (if anyone knows where there is one going cheap let me know ;) )

I'm also looking for a passenger door mirror assy :)

this recently happened to mine, but it happened when i fixed my foglight button (button would need to be held down and then suddenly my fans would only work on 3) im not to sure as i havent dived into the interior of my punto much lol

had same problem; motor is above passenger footwell; 3 machine screws to undo; the electrical contacts will have corroded; try cleaning them but I think I had to replace the whole thing

had same problem; motor is above passenger footwell; 3 machine screws to undo; the electrical contacts will have corroded; try cleaning them but I think I had to replace the whole thing

I found the motor last night and was pleasantly suprised to see how exposed it was :D

I'll have a fiddle with it later on today and see whats happening in there....

Reason I suspected the resistor is when I worked for an Iveco dealer we had literally dozens and dozens of Fiat commercials in with the same fault and it was always the resistor....

I will report my findings :D

Back