Technical heater blows hot or hot... no cold or warm just HOT.

Currently reading:
Technical heater blows hot or hot... no cold or warm just HOT.

Alfizzle

i dunno whats goin on this is on my list of MANY things to fix,

i set my heater to hot and i blows hot.. but on cold it still blows hot?..

suggestions? (y)

i dunno whats goin on this is on my list of MANY things to fix, i set my heater to hot and i blows hot.. but on cold it still blows hot?..suggestions? (y)

Hi Affizzle,

Well detail guide you can see here: https://www.fiatforum.com/panda-classic/51240-heater-matrix-repair-replacement.html

I think your command wire (connected to cabbin heater bar - one with red and blue square ideogram is somewhere disconected or broken)
Purpose of this bar and wire is to move heater spigot as on the pic attashed, so if wire is disconected, spigot stay turned to full flow. For the first aid, if you remove battery, you can reach spigot outside black box under bonnet (under muffler in the black-box) and move spigot to adjust.
I sugest to read full suggested thread mentioned above. Its easy to fix or to change the command wire
Aca

Attachments

• Heater18.JPG
    Heater18.JPG
    73.5 KB · Views: 111
I have this problem with my marbella (except allways on cold) and also the white 4x4 with hot air all year round. I checked my wire and it looks ok, so I assume the tap has broken internally. I have been thinking about what I could use instead as it seems a common problem.

Si

I have this problem with my marbella (except allways on cold) and also the white 4x4 with hot air all year round. I checked my wire and it looks ok, so I assume the tap has broken internally. I have been thinking about what I could use instead as it seems a common problem.

Si

Well P_M, solution is to mount some extensions to black rubber pipes connected directly to heater radiator and mount some household tap (fore example from cental heating) directly onto extendend black pipes, and then adjust hot coolant flow with this extra mounted additional tap - manually somewhere under bonnet.......
May be you can extend original black rubber tubes enough to mount extra tap somewhere into cabbin - under dash (and adjust flow without leave Panda)

Si

Extending original black rubber tubes connected to heater rad, and inserting some household tap, make you able to adjust flow manually under bonnet, or even from cabbin if your extended rubber tubes are long enough.

Attachments

• Tap.jpg
    Tap.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 22
:ROFLMAO:

This thread keeps getting funnier.

But yeah, found myself opening the window most of the time. Good for this time of year though :cool:

I will have a look for some plumbing taps though anyway, and maybe see if I can even link it up to the original cable. ;)

Si

I've sorted mine thus...
(this is presuming that the valve is working and not stuck but your control cable has parted company with the bit that secures it to the plastic housing behind the control lever... which requires removal of all the dash if I'm not mistaken... but I could be :p)
so:-
Remove battery - lift seal and pull back soundproofing stuff - undo existing control cable and connecting nipple - put nut & bolt with washers either side where nipple was. You can just get a hand down behind the heater housing after sliding to one side the plastic cover - the bolt is gripable and Bob's y'ur Uncle. There is limited control on airflow (assuming again that the airflow lever works... 0-Max) at 0 it's bearable as no air flows through into car but matrix gets hot but as days get colder it won't matter as much!
Before this I had a tie wrap which would only turn it off... so this is a big improvement! (tried length of coathanger but the short plastic arm is quite stiff on mine and the thin steel bent before working the arm... :eek:)
good luck!
(y)

Last edited:
Back