General Heater blower stopped working.

Currently reading:
General Heater blower stopped working.

Papakels

Afternoon everyone.
I'm new to the forum. We've just bought my Daughter a 62 reg Punto.
When test driving it yesterday the heaters etc worked fine.
Come home parked up for the evening. She has gone out in it this morning and there is nothing. No air coming out the vents on none of the settings even the air con setting.
I've checked fuse box in engine bay. Fuses seem OK (haven't been able to check relays)
When I watch YouTube vids it shows a connection in the passenger footwear. The connection and resistor isn't there so I'm guessing it goes somewhere else on the mk3.
I haven't checked fuse box behind glove box as she's now gone back out in it.
What/where else should I be checking please?

Thankyou Kelvin.

Did you fix this? My daughter’s car has the same problem, no fan blower and she has the electronic fan adjust rather than a rotary 4 position switch.

Morning.
Yes I've fixed it. It's awkward to explain but I will try.
The issue with my daughters was behind the glove box near the footwell.
I had to lie down on my back with my head right into the footwell looking up behind the glove box.
There is 2 connectors. 1 black and 1 grey from what I can remember.
I unclipped them cleaned the contacts put them back in but blower still didnt come on.
i then moved them around wiggling them and the blower started working But sometimes would stop again.
I managed to get them into a position where the blower stayed on.
The bit where the connectors are connected to is like a big heat sink behind the plastic cover. There is 3 bolts ya can remove and it will come out. I did purchase a new 1 (about £30 off Ebay) but I haven't fitted it yet. As when the blower goes off my daughter just wiggles them connectors and most of the time it starts working again. It is on the to do list though.

Hope I've explained it OK.
Kelvin.

Morning.
Yes I've fixed it. It's awkward to explain but I will try.
The issue with my daughters was behind the glove box near the footwell.
I had to lie down on my back with my head right into the footwell looking up behind the glove box.
There is 2 connectors. 1 black and 1 grey from what I can remember.
I unclipped them cleaned the contacts put them back in but blower still didnt come on.
i then moved them around wiggling them and the blower started working But sometimes would stop again.
I managed to get them into a position where the blower stayed on.
The bit where the connectors are connected to is like a big heat sink behind the plastic cover. There is 3 bolts ya can remove and it will come out. I did purchase a new 1 (about £30 off Ebay) but I haven't fitted it yet. As when the blower goes off my daughter just wiggles them connectors and most of the time it starts working again. It is on the to do list though.

Hope I've explained it OK.
Kelvin.
Thanks for the information. I shook the wires up behind the glove box and lo and behold the fan started working fine. My daughter is haply to live with it like that for now.
cheers Rob.

Back