Technical Heater blower not working on any speed

Currently reading:
Technical Heater blower not working on any speed

crazydazy

Panda Multijet registered January 2008

I recently had a problem with water in the driver's side footwell which I resolved by clearing the skuttle drains. Since then, the heater/vent blowers have not been working at all, on any speed, other than a very faint and very very brief sigh when I first turn the dial.

Try as I might, I can't find a solution in the existing threads on the heater/vent fan and it is now officially driving me nuts. Any ideas please? :bang:

Could it be your heatermatrix that broke and released the coolant into the car?
Thanks for the fast response TobiasBB. Emptying the skuttle drains is the sum total of my technical knowledge. Any more info would be gratefully received.

If not heater matrix then...
Assuming you have checked the fuse it may be the control resistor (but they normally work on some speeds when failed) or the motor.
Motor may have got soaked & still be damp. I'm sure there is a guide in the guides section but I can't check at the moment.
Remove it, dry it out, see if it turns freely. If so, reconnect & test.
If not, try freeing it up with WD40 or simiar. It may recover. Otherwise secondhand replacement probably easiest.
Good luck.

Many thanks for all your responses. It is very much appreciated.

Hi. Could be water in the works..
Personally I would read the faq..heater thread at the top of the grande punto section

It will be very similar in essence..

Out of interest..did the fan used to squeak..I know some do..

Charlie
Hi Charlie. No noise but it has been stood a while as it's my son's car (except when it needs taxing, insuring or fixing) and he's in that London at the moment. I try to run it once a week but it did get left for a couple of weeks in the run up to Christmas and that is when the footwell flooded..

Hi. Could be water in the works..
Personally I would read the faq..heater thread at the top of the grande punto section

It will be very similar in essence..

Out of interest..did the fan used to squeak..I know some do..

Charlie
And thanks for pointing me to the Grande Punto FAQs it's really useful.

Back