Headunit issues - DVD screen

Currently reading:
Headunit issues - DVD screen

Just bought a new headunit from a forum member.. Its great, but im having trouble finding a good, FREE dvd converter.. Or maybe im actually looking for the wrong thing..

This unit has a lil screen on it for watching DVDs and what not.. and it says that the unit plays pratically every type of video format.. But i copied some MP4 files onto a CD to try it out, and only sound came out.. no videos.. But a DVD did play fine on it..lol, The simpsons is weird to have booming out of over 500watts of subs/speakers!!

Anyone known of any converter programs available for free.. and yes, i have googled it but even when a program says its free, its not..

Ah, and its identical apparently to that 'alianaxs' headunit... i cant spell, Sorry!

Last edited:
know name of one at home... but it takes ages to convert it :(

'at home' is the name of it im guesssing..

Links would be much appreciated..

Ah, one other thing .. it doesnt fit.. sticks out about an inch or so.. this is more directed towards that lady with the nice purple cinq but.. how can i make it fit??

Chris

You need to fiddle around with the wires in the back before you put the headunit in make sure that you have pushed the cars wires in as much as you can, try to put them in any nooks and crannies. I understand that you have amps so make sure that the RCA cables arent stopping the unit from going back by tucking them away anywhere that they will go as long as there not in the path of the headunit when you slot it in.
Also many headunits have a support bolt that normally fits into a slot being a Japanese unit it may be hitting the wrong place if so remove the part that it hits or remove the bolt. Then you should be in Business(y)

Right..

Ive had enough

After wasting 5 dvd disks, and 10+ cd-r disks.. this damn headunit wont read the music videos!!

Can the guy who sold it to me or that girl that has it in her cinq please respond to this and tell me how to get it to play music videos!

Its ridiculous!! Plays a simpsons DVD fine... But then after making a dvd which even works in my home dvd player.. it refuses to play it....

Its in the right format.. and as far as i can see, ive done everything right...

Some help urgently required here please!!

Chris

lol7.. Theres me trying to write mpeg 4 files to a dvd disk when i could have just wrote them all using windows media player onto just a simple cd.r disk.. ohh the shame of it.. Thanks for the help everyone!!

:)

yeah i just write them on to normal discs,

as for the sticking out bit, i found that i had to cut the little lip that is on the bottom of the cinq between the space and the ash tray (about 10mm) to make it sit flush. its one and a half din so doesnt quite fit, so taking out that little bit helps.
in this photo u can kinda see where has been cut.
digi_pics_023.jpg

Back