Technical headlights not level..

Currently reading:
Technical headlights not level..

rowl3y

Hi.

My passanger dipped head light went out the other day and went to halfords to get fixed ..

they fixed it but now they are not level the passanger one sit's hight then the other one is there an easy way to fix this ??

in birmingham and i dont really wanna go back as he tock ages ....

can i not just twist somthink lol

when they take ages usually cos they dnt have a clue what theyre doing, iv got people that like at my halfords :) must say when i first started there a few years ago iv done similar which is pretty anoying come to think of it, but they often are scared to ask for help.

do u actually know how to change a headlight bulb, if so all you need to do is unclip the plastic cover (can be awkward on passenger side) release the metal clip that holds the bulb in place and just make sure that the bulb is fitted correctly ;)

i here on the stilo's they are very hard to get to he had to go thorw the wheel arch :(

i here on the stilo's they are very hard to get to he had to go thorw the wheel arch :(
Indeed (y)

The bulb has most likely been fitted wrong (should be obvious if you compare both beams on a wall).

Masses of threads on this topic and unfortunately the passenger side is the most difficult :(

Last edited:
i have just had a look at the bulbs and the one that was fitted look like it in OK but the other one that was not fitted and was in when i got the car does not look like its in properly ...

but hard to get to as the bloody water take right there

If that really is the case then you're kinda lucky ;)

I'd suggest wheel off and wheel arch liner removed which makes it pretty straight forward - and clean out any mud whilst you're about it

Did my JTD that way just a few weeks back.

I think we're getting confused as to which side is good / bad.

If they fitted the passenger's side and you're saying that ok then that's the more difficult one.

Driver's side is much easier, simply detach the windscreen washer reservoir and move it out the way and access isn't that difficult

Driver's side is much easier, simply detach the windscreen washer reservoir and move it out the way and access isn't that difficult
This be true (I've also done it that way) but I still advocate the technique suggested as there's 0% chance of doing it wrong or breaking anything if you go in via the wheel arch :)

how does the washer filler pipe remove ...

thanks

Dont bother, just undo the top washer bottle nut and move the bottle back.

Did our 1.2 on Saturday took me half an hour from start to putting the tools away going in via the wheel-arch.

so ..

remove washer back and take wheel arch liner off and do it that way ?

so ..

remove washer back and take wheel arch liner off and do it that way ?

Yup... jack up, wheel off, remove liner (6 screws) drop washer bottle back at the top.

Undo the clip retainer, pull off cover (well its more pull & then push off the cover) the spring clip gets in the way. Then swap the bulbs from under the bonnet.

Then test / check and back on with the cover, the arch liner & wheel.

Clean all the mud & leaves out while you have the liner off though!

Back