General headlight washers

Currently reading:
General headlight washers

thinking about smoothing front bumper completely on my hgt and was wondering do i have to keep the washer for the headlights as these will make it look rubbish once smoothed, is there any law with these washers, and is it just a case of sealing the end of the water feed to them

cheers

there wont be a law on them. im doing it to mine. taking the washers off. i personally hate the washers.

thinking about smoothing front bumper completely on my hgt and was wondering do i have to keep the washer for the headlights as these will make it look rubbish once smoothed, is there any law with these washers, and is it just a case of sealing the end of the water feed to them

cheers

Theres a relay in the engine bay infront of the battery, remove the relay for the headlamp washers and they wont work. Thats it really. Theres no law regarding them, remove them as you wish.

to retrofit them you could plumb them into the windscreen washer hose, then whenever you wash the screen the lights get a blast too, although i disabled them on my bravo becasue they wasted too much water. imo they look good and show you dont have a low spec model so i wouldnt want to remove them personally.

Plumbing into the windscreen piping would reduce the flow of water to the windscreen, i.e it may just trickle out. The pump can't handle it really. The reason theres a second pump is because its more powerful than the windscreen pump, it displaces more water per minute/second. Hence why it uses alot of water as Jug mentioned.

Last edited:
Back