Styling Headlight question

Currently reading:
Styling Headlight question

ianal09

Saving up for parts :(
Hey guys, I have a little bit of problem, My headlight are quite **** as it only produce yellow light/standard light :confused:. Im trying to get a white look headlight without upgrading them to HID, any suggestion? in terms of bulbs, etc? Thanks a lot :slayer:

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.

I would NOT buy those personally. There is no indication that they are E marked for starters. Get a known good brand ( Ring, Phillips Osram etc) from a proper reseller. Ring for instance list approved resellers on their website. Unbranded lamps from ebay are likely to be counterfit, non- E marked poor quality etc.

Any replacement lamp, bulb or light for use on the outside of the car (except reversing light) must be an approved type and have an E mark to be legal.

Robert G8RPI.

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
I would NOT buy those personally. There is no indication that they are E marked for starters. Get a known good brand ( Ring, Phillips Osram etc) from a proper reseller. Ring for instance list approved resellers on their website. Unbranded lamps from ebay are likely to be counterfit, non- E marked poor quality etc.

Any replacement lamp, bulb or light for use on the outside of the car (except reversing light) must be an approved type and have an E mark to be legal.

Robert G8RPI.
gosh alll these options are so confusing!

so xenon is a no, how would i make the standard headlights white and not a yellowish colour LEGALLY?

is it something like this?

OSRAM NIGHT BREAKER LASER H4, halogen headlamp, h4 bulb, 64193NBL-HCB, 12 V passenger car, duobox (2 units): Amazon.co.uk: Car & Motorbike

If you want white lights, you could try Philips WhiteVision. Legal, bright white and last pretty well.
Some of the more extreme brightness ones don't last very long.

so xenon is a no, how would i make the standard headlights white and not a yellowish colour LEGALLY?

OSRAM NIGHT BREAKER LASER H4, halogen headlamp, h4 bulb, 64193NBL-HCB, 12 V passenger car, duobox (2 units): Amazon.co.uk: Car & Motorbike

Hi, "xenon" as such is not illegal The orginally mentioned Ring Xenon Max are road legal. The Osram Night breakers are also legal. Just make sure what you buy have an E mark (letter E in a circle) and don't say "off road use only"

Robert G8RPI.

Robert G8RPI

TBH the biggest problem I've been finding with Panda headlights has been dull reflectors and "internal bubble crazing" on the lenses.
Ain't going to matter how good the bulbs are when the units have got like that, and the beam pattern is all over the place too. Got 2 or 3 headlights like that in the shed which I've swapped out with better ones, but haven't ever found a way to improve them.
Conventional lens refurb polish won't help as the problem is inside, and cleaning the reflectors looks pretty impossible too.
Only use I've found for them so far was cutting brackets off to plastic-weld onto damaged ones.

I bought the Osram Night Breaker Lasers which are supposed to be 6000k white - they are most certainly not and still give a horrible hello colour.

Doesn't seem to be any way to get a nice white from these lamps :(

I bought the Osram Night Breaker Lasers which are supposed to be 6000k white - they are most certainly not and still give a horrible hello colour.

Doesn't seem to be any way to get a nice white from these lamps :(

If you have low voltage at the lamp terminals thelight will be yellow. Note I said lamp terminals, this means any high resistance includes faulty lamp sockets as well as the wires, relays, fuses, earth connections and alternator.

You need to measure the voltage at the lamp connections with the lamp on.

Robert G8RPI.

Last edited:
If you have low voltage at the lamp terminals thelight will be yellow. Note I said lamp terminals, this means any high resistance includes faulty lamp sockets as well as the wires, relays, fuses, earth connections and alternator.

You need to measure the voltage at the lamp connections with the lamp on.

Robert G8RPI.
Ah ok, thanks a lot I'll see what's running through them when I get a minute this weekend. What voltage should I be expecting? The full 12V?

Ah ok, thanks a lot I'll see what's running through them when I get a minute this weekend. What voltage should I be expecting? The full 12V?

13,2 volts (ish) with the engine running, that'd also prove the alternator is charging...

BRs, Bernie

If someone here helped You fix -or better, understand- your issue, hit the thanks icon @ bottom right corner, it's free and makes us feel helpy ;-)

Back