Technical HeadLamp Washers

Currently reading:
Technical HeadLamp Washers

Tryfan_Tamer

The Analyzer
Hello all,

New to the Forum as I have just bought the 2.0 20v Weekend which is excellent fun to drive! :)

I have a small problem which I'm hoping you can help fix. The washer jets on the lights are not working. I have cleared them out with a pin but I'm not even sure the motor from the Washer bootle is actually working which leads me to suspect the fuse.

Unfortunately the car didn't come with a workbook so I am looking at a myriad of fuses wondering which one does the headlamp washers! Can anyone tell me which one it is please? I can then check it.

It is worth mentioning that both the front and back washers are fine, but these run off a seperate motor so I am still not sure if it is the fuse or the motor...

Anyways any help would be gratefully received, I am going to buy a workbook within the next few weeks for future issues that may arise!

Thanks

Rob

think you have to have the headlights swirched on for them to work. not being smart but maybe this is the problem

mad_colm said:
think you have to have the headlights swirched on for them to work. not being smart but maybe this is the problem
Yep. Headlights must be on for them to work. The fuse is a 20Amp one and is in the fuse box next to the battery under the bonnet. Many people actually remove the fuse as the washers do very little apart from make a mess of your bumper so it may have been removed.

Thanks Guys... I had worked out the Headlights on thing though! I will go searching for that Fuse now and see if it has been removed, if so I may leave it out. All I need now is someone who wants to sell a CD changer that would work with the Grunding Head Unit I have installed...

Cheers

Rob

Sorry but could you give me more exact instructions! I have looked in the fuse box just above the battery and there are no 20amp fuses in there (that I can see...bearing in mind I wear contact lenses!) I can't see a fuse 'space' either!

Rob :confused:

Hi,
The fuse box will be either between the battery and the front slam panel or between the battery and the engine.
There should be the washer fuse and washer relay in the box along with up to another 4 or 5 fuses. One of the fuses is the code fuse so be careful what you pull.
If you have no luck, get back and i'll have a look to see if I can find the exact position.

Found the fuse. Top of the fuse box was marked with an Icon for the headlamp washers - DOH! (y)

Anyways. Checked Fuse, OK. Looks like the problem is the motor. I feel a trip down to my local breakers yard next week is the solution.

Thanks for all your help.

Rob

OK Polecat...explain on the relay... sorry, a bit of a non engineer here. I work on Networks normally! Where is the relay located? In the fuse box with the washer fuse? Wouldn't that relay drive the other washers that are working fine? Sooooooo many questions! :eek:

Back