Head Unit Problem

Currently reading:
Head Unit Problem

ryondixon

Hey i ahve looked throught the forum and cant find a soultion to my problem!

I have a grande punto and trying to fit a ripspeed dv720 and just cant get it to work! I can get it 2 turn on whilst the ingnition is off but when the car is running theres nothing!

Am guessing its the way the loom is set up!

Any help would be great as i am getting rather stressed lol :p!

cheers ryon

Hi welcome to the forum :wave:
Have you plugged the red wire on the ISO into the second connector on the yellow.
Also has it been wired to the handbrake earth.

yeah i have wired the handbrake earth! but can u add more on wot u mean with the red and yellow! sorry i am a total begginer!

Take the Headunit out and on the ISO block there will be a red and yellow wire. The yellow one should have 2 bullet connections on it. The red wire should be in two halves connected by another 2 bullet connectors. Unplug it and plug it into the spare yellow one.
Take the Earth that is on the Handbreak and connect it to the HU earth. What the handbreak earth does is stop the DVD feature from working with the handbreak not engaged. This may (or maynot) be causing a problem.
If all of the above is done and no change i would suggest taking it back and asking to try a different kind of unit just to make sure weather it is the car or the unit.

Back