Head Unit Problem - HELP :@

Currently reading:
Head Unit Problem - HELP :@

billy440

Hi guys,

had this problem for about 2 months now, got an aftermarket headunit, a JVC bluetooth one... its all fitted properly, but it doesnt actually fit in the faicia properly... it doesnt push in the dash properly so its hanging out a bit, and it can be pulled out no problem :(

help please

thanks
bill

Hi guys,

had this problem for about 2 months now, got an aftermarket headunit, a JVC bluetooth one... its all fitted properly, but it doesnt actually fit in the faicia properly... it doesnt push in the dash properly so its hanging out a bit, and it can be pulled out no problem :(

help please

thanks
bill

hi bill

its more then likely to be the wires in the back getting in the way

just try and poke them back into the corners as much as possible and wiggle them around so there out of the way well as best as you can get and then try again

its just a patients thing

yeah its definatly the wires cos i can feel them behind the radio when u push the radio.. but i have pushed them back as far as they can go =/

yeah its definatly the wires cos i can feel them behind the radio when u push the radio.. but i have pushed them back as far as they can go =/

have you tried getting them down the holes in the corners ?

i had your problem and i found pushing it quite hard helped and it gradually slid in place

i dont think the leads are long enough to go down the holes which is a Royal pain in the arse =/

They will be, it just takes a little while to get it right. You have to ease them into all of the little gaps as you push the unit in. It is a PITA but it works eventually.

i dont think the leads are long enough to go down the holes which is a Royal pain in the arse =/

if you position them as close to as you can get then when you push the head unit it its a case of hopeing they go down lol

also check at the back theres like a thingy sticking out wich meets the head unit (sorry about the technical description) run any wires under that flat to the back

cheers guys will give it a go now, and ill report back in a bit weather its in or ive smashed it up lol

okay.. its in thank god, just wiggles about but it hasnt got one of those metal enclosures round it and i cant be bothered to risk pulling it out again to put it on lol... cheers for the help

okay.. its in thank god, just wiggles about but it hasnt got one of those metal enclosures round it and i cant be bothered to risk pulling it out again to put it on lol... cheers for the help

glad you got it sorted

it dont matter that much unless you live in a place where its likely to get stolen

just take the faceplate off if your worried

Back