Technical Head Gasket

Currently reading:
Technical Head Gasket

well using my head. theres 11 people viewing the lounge and 0 viewing the bravo....

i've just bought a bravo of a lad from b00. and well a bit more then what meets the eye lol...

its in bits outside at the minute with a new wishbone & gearbox being fitted as we speak

its at times like this that you wish you checked it out before handing your cash over :)

i guess its a 1.2 since they are the most likely to suffer head gasket failure? you can get a full head gasket kit with all the bits you need to do the job properly. ask at your motorfactor, it wont cost the eath.

i also think a head skim is a good idea, you dont know the history of the car but you do know that there is a good possibility that it has overheated in the recent past, and that easily warps the head enough to warrant a skim unless you want to have a leaking head gasket when you fit the new one.

how much am i looking at for a bravo HGT ?

i guess its a 1.2 since they are the most likely to suffer head gasket failure? you can get a full head gasket kit with all the bits you need to do the job properly. ask at your motorfactor, it wont cost the eath.

Jug you not had your coffee! (y)

Its unusual for a HG failure on an HGT, but then less of them so you dont hear etc, its also hard to spot leaks etc as you can barely see the engine. I guess you'd checked the usual oil, water, turnover no bubbling water?

Back