General Head Gasket Change = Poor Running

Currently reading:
General Head Gasket Change = Poor Running

Bigpadface

Hello all,

I have recently changed the head gasket,and timing and auxillary belts on my W reg(2000)Bravo 1.2 80sx which has recitifed the original problem of being able to drive at a top speed of 10mph.

However, the car is now running poorly, and although you can drive it around as normal, it stalls quite often and has quite a rough, surging idle. At high revs the red 'injection' symbol appears on the dash.

Having taken the plugs out it appears that the car is running very rich (all plugs black and sooty)

Has anyone got any thoughts on why this might be occuring?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Many thanks,

Paddy

Hello all,

I have recently changed the head gasket,and timing and auxillary belts on my W reg(2000)Bravo 1.2 80sx which has recitifed the original problem of being able to drive at a top speed of 10mph.

However, the car is now running poorly, and although you can drive it around as normal, it stalls quite often and has quite a rough, surging idle. At high revs the red 'injection' symbol appears on the dash.

Having taken the plugs out it appears that the car is running very rich (all plugs black and sooty)

Has anyone got any thoughts on why this might be occuring?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Many thanks,

Paddy

Are you certain the valve timing is spot on? All sensors re-connected / pipes refitted and set ups correct? I mean, did you adjust anything before the HG was diagnosed as the problem and not re-set it?

Thanks for your comments - much appreciated.

I did lock the camshafts etc when i changed the headgasket, however, I think the timing could well be the issue - I have been over and double checked connections etc and everything is in order.

Right i'll set the timing and see what's what.

Cheers.

Paddy.

Back