Technical Head bolt torque?

Currently reading:
Technical Head bolt torque?

cinq for the win

Hey guys, I was just wondering what the headbolt torque on the 1108 FIRE engine is, because I'm trying to remove the head bolts but keep snapping my Chrome-Vanadium socket bits. Need to get a hardened one tomorrow!!
Cheers.

Hey guys, I was just wondering what the headbolt torque on the 1108 FIRE engine is, because I'm trying to remove the head bolts but keep snapping my Chrome-Vanadium socket bits. Need to get a hardened one tomorrow!!
Cheers.

breaking a 1/2" or 3/8" or drive? a half decent 1/2" drive would do it

its only done to 30nm then 90 degrees with another 90 degrees

Ash

breaking a 1/2" or 3/8" or drive? a half decent 1/2" drive would do it

its only done to 30nm then 90 degrees with another 90 degrees

Ash

It was a fairly decent 1/2'' to be honest, and a 12'' bar too. =/
I think it's probably done up tighter than that then. I think I might need one of those uber tough black ones. :LOL:
Oh, and cheers by the way. =]

It was a fairly decent 1/2'' to be honest, and a 12'' bar too. =/
I think it's probably done up tighter than that then. I think I might need one of those uber tough black ones. :LOL:
Oh, and cheers by the way. =]

your not trying to wack it off are you?

could be some corrsion down on the head bolts so easing on the force would help, even tightening a bit to work anything off the threads

Ash

No I was using progressive pressure to see if it would loosen but it didn't.
It won't tighten either. They're properly stuck in there to be honest.

Yeah, it's cool, I'm using 6 points anyway. I can imagine it's nigh on impossible to remove them if they sheer.

Oh yeah, and there's no corrosion on the bolts.

Last edited:
No I was using progressive pressure to see if it would loosen but it didn't.
It won't tighten either. They're properly stuck in there to be honest.

Yeah, it's cool, I'm using 6 points anyway. I can imagine it's nigh on impossible to remove them if they sheer.

Oh yeah, and there's no corrosion on the bolts.

you wont be able to see corrosion on the threads, id give the head of the bolts a bang from a hammer

you could get the bolt out if it snaps but would be fun

Ash

same when i did mine it snapped socket bit.i did 30nm and 90 degrees then a other 90 degrees some people say tighin them up agen after a few miles

Back