General Haynes manual

Currently reading:
General Haynes manual

Zony

I have just bought a Fiat 500 & Panda Haynes manual. It only goes up to 2012, my car is a 2014.It is very generic especially the wiring diagrams and most jobs I was hoping to tackle, timing belt, etc says entrust to a Fiat dealer. Haynes manuals used to tell you how to do it, not drive to a dealer. I will have a read through it. Most notable was the oil service light which you must also entrust to the dealer to sort. Multi scan is on my Father Christmas list.

Haynes manuals used to tell you how to do it, not drive to a dealer.

Modern day Haynes manuals are rubbish and IMO the 500 one is not worth buying.

You can find an electronic copy of elearn (Fiat's workshop documentation) for free in the downloads section of this forum. A bit fiddly to work through, and it assumes basic mechanical competence, but still useful and a good reference for the correct torque wrench settings.

Changing the cambelt is certainly within the province of the home mechanic, but you'd be advised to beg, borrow or buy the correct locking tools; even the best professional mechanics will struggle without them, as @typecastboy will testify. Dealers have special tools for supporting the engine (the top engine mount has to come off), but this can be improvised by other means.

Multiecuscan is pretty much essential to take care of the electronic side of things and will do all the resetting you are ever likely to need.

Many thanks. Not able to open the files with my ancient iPad, will try my laptop after the football.

Back