Technical Have you 36K serviced your own car?

Currently reading:
Technical Have you 36K serviced your own car?

Morpheus

My stilo needs to be serviced again. its at 34000 miles now,it was serviced last bout a year ago, although not quite. Was wondering why I pay fiat 450 euro to do this when i could probably do it myself.

if you have serviced your own car, i have two questions for you.

1. Was it easy to do nad how long did it take? I have access to tons of tools, my fathers a fitter.

2. what do i need to replace in the service as there is no Haynes manual for stilos. Air filter, oil filter, oil, break fluid, what else though? Should i buy all this from Fiat or where?

Hi Morpheus

My Stilo is up for it's 36K service, but I'm having it done differently due to the work it's already had done that I don't want to be paying twice for.

Read my post here here.

1.2 litre engine.

was thinking of changing it but were buying our first house so it'll be sticking round till i get motgage under control, luckily, my other halfs seicento will be keeping it company for a while too ;)

anyway back on thread, 1.2 litre, someone said i dont need to bother with fiat. i contacted my local stealer who sold me the car, to check when it was last in for a service, they dont have it on record at all... they have my 12k service and nothing else, but i got a 24k service only last year? (couldnt remember exactly when, which is why i contacted them)

They moved premises and insist that they lost the information on a few clients, so now ive paid over the odds for 2 services yet they have lost records of one of them effectively nullifying my full service history?

luckily I have the invoice receipt somewhere at home.

Back