have software but no brain's help

Currently reading:
have software but no brain's help

here goes hope this is right!!!
i have made copy to put here i hope as this is a very valuable pic to me!!
i am trying to keep the young man in glasses and to make a nice background.have tried making it a4 size and i just get blurr.
any help would be great .
thank you

Attachments

• Pictures 157.jpg
    Pictures 157.jpg
    810.8 KB · Views: 50
Meh I couldnt be bothered to wait for your reply so played around on what I assumed was what you ment :p

wmwolowres.jpg

I was tempted to take all of the people out of the background from the original photo but saw it as a fruitless exercise as it was blury and wasnt really an integral part of the photo. So ive basically made it into a "studio" style photo on a plain background. Unfortunatly theres not a great deal I can do about the brightness of the face. There just isnt any detail for me to play with. I have darkened it and altered the colour slightly in a few places. Also removed the red eye (y)

If it is the kind of thing you were after then I can offer you a full A4 @ 300dpi sized original that would be ideal for printing.

otherwise, explain what you want better :p

Last edited:
I think I mate be able to save some of the 'missing' detail in the face. If what bushboy has done is what you want if they will send me the full res version i will certainly have a go.

So you just want to have the lad a the bottom on his own?

When making it A4, it probably looks blury because it is. Looks like the camera has used a long exposure with flash so some is sharp but then its blured through camera motion from the long exposure.

???this was taken with 4 mill pixel camera but i'm not good with that either,
wow thanks i have been trying for 2 yrs to do that!!!!
that's exactly what i was after this is my son he would have been 21 this year but we lost him this is the last photo of him i have.

another silly question how do i get image back to my documents folder on my pc??

forever in your debt :worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::worship:

Sorry to hear of your loss. I presumed this might have been for a funeral or similar. I used to do alot of similar work where I used to work. Often it would be the photo to stand at the wake or even on the coffin at the funeral etc.

The full res photo is the one I have produced. The one I posted here is just a very small sample of the final. The final is 8mb in size and I will upload it to my webspace for you to download. Just didnt want to upload it and have you sit and wait for it to download when it wasnt what you were after :)

Ok, full res copy is at the following link

http://www.chris-dawson.info/wmwoa4.jpg

remember its an 8mb file so give it a few minutes to load fully first. To save to your PC, right click on the photo once it has loaded and select "save picture as". Then just save it like anything else.

The resolution is A4 @ 300dpi so is perfect for printing at A4 size. TBh you'll get alot bigger out of it too. Put it on a CD and take it to a photographic lab (hell, even boots will do) and get them to print it on a digital minilab. Either that or your home printer will do :)

I used to work in a photographic lab and did all of the comercial and public photoshop work. Posters, flyers, restorations, manipulation etc. Plus shop work and lab work as well. I dont do it professionaly as a living now but am looking into setting up freelance.

Last edited:
finger crossed i think i got it.what software do you use to do this in?
was wondering if take it to boots could they do it in 1 b&w and 1 in colour.
and i should be able to print small as well i would have thought.

its nice to be able to get to grips with photo's i have been trying to learn for years. the next project in want to get done ,is someone told me you can change the colour of a car in photoshop as i thinking what color to respray my car. you know which shade of orange haha.

all the best with freelance you obviously have a gift for it.
cant wait to get to boots.
thanks again cant tell you how much this means to me.:):):):):):):)

I used Adobe photoshop to do the work for the photo.

Im sure boots will have no problem printing a b/w copy for you and you will definatly be able to print smaller sizes too. Just be careful that they dont crop anything important as different photographic sizes have different ratios.

A4 is basically 12x8 which is a 3:2 ratio so you will be able to print a 6x4, 7.5x5, 9x6 etc.

I expect you will be fine printing it on a 7x5 and 8x6 but 10x8 may cut the top of the head. Always worth asking if they can show you how it will crop.

You can do pretty much anything in photoshop. Its all about learning what the tools do and then using your imagination to get them to do what you want :)

abode photoshop i got that even tried reading a book from the library,about it.
but it was beyond me i can see in my mind what i want but cant make the program do it.
now i got photo elements 3 just got the book,have some great ideas in there, loved the one were it hazes all around the subject i'm experimenting but haven't got it yet.

will have to practice.

think i should go to school but in too old now:bang:

Do you not have anyone local to you that could help with the basics of Photoshop ?

You really don't need to learn everything about the program, just some of the important stuff and the rest will be easier to pick up along the way.

Anyway, this is the place to go for learning in easy clear steps.
The list of tutorials is over on the left hand column, I'd recommend you go through them in order as each one can contain references to previous things covers.

It's basically car related and will teach you the ins and outs of the program, which frankly is the best program on the market for anything to do with picture manipulation of all sorts, I'd be lost without photoshop.

http://digimods.co.uk/tutorials/tutorials.htm

Give it a try, you don't have to get impressive results just use it to get the hang of things.

its just an adjusted version of the one Chris did so A4 and under will be fine. Preventing over exposure varies through camera setup to techniques based on the setup you are using.

Back