has the weather affected your car,

Currently reading:
has the weather affected your car,

Well I only really drive my car once a week for shopping (2miles) and back home from uni (380mile round trip about once a month), I can't believe how many miles some of you people do! The most I've ever done over a month was 1200miles!

Lol. We've a new chef at work, and in his last job he was doing no few than 60000 miles a year :eek:

Goddamn you!!. Although i'd hate to think how high your intake charge temps are!!. You'd be loosing about 10bhp, and another 10 from running it on kangaroo juice you call petrol out there :nerner:
:mad:

That means my Exxy is running about 13hp at the flywheel :(

But my mates Clubsport (you guys know it as a VXR) is running over 300kW with air con :slayer:

next winter try putting some vaseline round the the door seals.(y)

Great suggestion! Why wait till next winter though... :)

I learned (during some rare hard frosts here last year) that silicone spray sprayed around the door seals does the same job (prevents doors sticking, quick and easy). I think silicone spray may be better for the rubber than Vaseline (I think we all know how Vaseline is supposed to affect rubber :rolleyes: though I've never tested that out...)

An item on the FIAT service schedule was always 'treat door weatherstripping', so I guess this means to apply silicone-based products that make it harder for ice to 'stick'.

Same thing applies to locks and door handles - spray with silicone and hopefully they keep moving freely (without harming plastic or rubber parts and non-staining if it runs down the paint).

~Alex

Parked at the bottom of Snowdon about 4 weeks ago and the damn handbrake froze on, couldn't release it!!:bang: The doors were also frozen shut and the locks.

Anyway, got into the car through the back door, left the engine running for about 20 minutes and managed to pull the handbrake cable from under the car... in the snow... in the dark :eek:

Other than that, no problems at all really.

The weather has played havoc with my car. Drove the 130 miles to Blackpool on Saturday got 45MPG once I got there and it was all motorway driving. I think this is probably a result of the car sitting there for 5 weeks not being used and sitting in the snow and the frost.

On the way back I averaged 55MPG and since have been driving all over the midlands including one or two dual carriageways and motorways and been getting about 43-47MPG again

Confusing

Back