Technical Has my car had it?

Currently reading:
Technical Has my car had it?

nickemac

Hi im new so here goes, FIAT BRAVA 1.6 ELX R REG
Driving down the road about 30mph car dies,all electrics on but no engine activity?
pulls over tries to start car engine turns but does not start, So i start f-ing and blinding and thumping steering wheel for about 10 mins then decide to try again-engine starts perfect, No more problems for a couple of days then i go to job interview park car up go in have interview all goes ok come out try to start car same problem-about 20 mins later it decides to start, All ok for about 3 days then set off out and do about 50 yards down road and cuts out again-tried to bump start the car but nothing-when i come to a stop after trying to bump start the car i decide to try the key again and guess what it starts first time? little info you made need to know to help me diognose the problem car was once in a crash down passenger side(im thinking a fuel cut off sensor could be kicking in?)also i put some fuel injector cleaner in the tank but feel i may have put too much in? PLEASE help its really embarassing:0

Hello again something i noticed when the problem happens is that the mileage resets Not the total milage just the trip distance mileage.
sorry for any spelling errors should have gone to skool and learned more

nickemac said:
Hello again something i noticed when the problem happens is that the mileage resets Not the total milage just the trip distance mileage.
sorry for any spelling errors should have gone to skool and learned more
this wont solve your problem but every time i turn my brava off the trip milage goes back to 0. is this fiats way to cover up the poor fuel economy or is this a common fault. my brava runs like its engines having a a day off. and its too damn cold to mess around im waiting for a warm day to fit new leads . air filter and plugs and the new rocker gasket. too cold at the moment.
changed oil yesterday and filter. it sounds much quieter at start up now. tappets not so noisy.
also when its warm enough im shoving a new clutch and release bearing and pressure plate on as the bearing makes loud noises when clutch depressed. might well change it all at once. got everything to do the job including them hard to get ribe sockets. i just need a warm day.

Back