Has Anyone just lowered the back on a 500 ?

Currently reading:
Has Anyone just lowered the back on a 500 ?

nebstrokes

I have a 18 Pop and I feel just lowering the back will do the trick of making the car look more equal as far as ride height. Please let me know your thoughts/ thanks

Just leave it standard. Lowering springs will ruin the ride and what little you gain on lower C of G will be more than lost on bad road surfaces.

Alternatively fit air springs all round. Not cheap but you can then put the ride where-ever you like.

Last edited:
Last night on the A303, I was following an OTT Golf complete with lowering springs and all the b****x. It was skipping on bumps and while quick in a straight line, he was unable to corner the thing. Not wanting to get caught in his next crash, I overtook. My little Panda blew his expensively modded car into the weeds.

Last edited:
That’s because modifying a car to make it as low as possible like this is only ever a looks thing it will never make it handle better, or make it any faster.

A friends son is into “slammed cars” as there known lol, when he meets up with the group, they have to plan the route to avoid speed bumps, because they can’t go over them.

At the huge cost of "slamming" cars why don't they use air suspension? Though Citroen did it in serious style with their gas spring and hydraulic ride leveling system.

At the huge cost of "slamming" cars why don't they use air suspension? Though Citroen did it in serious style with their gas spring and hydraulic ride leveling system.

The son’s first car a very old golf, which he lowered to a insane height , or lack of height I should say, he and the group who have the lowered cars, really did have to plan routes. Now a few years later, Which has brought more money, he has a pick up truck, which has air suspension.

Back