Technical has anyone done a guide for fitting the 866 cam?

Currently reading:
Technical has anyone done a guide for fitting the 866 cam?

hello

I know a lot of people have put the 866 into their cars, but I'm a real noob when it comes to engines.
I've looked through a lot of previous posts, but couldn't find anything that shows how to do it, just that once its done it'll be a bit quicker.

is anyone planning to fit one any time soon, or know where theres a good thread of someone fitting one?

or if anyones really bord, anyone fancy fitting mine and I'll do a guide?(y)

However, the question really is:-

How good are the valves, guides and seats?

Make sure your current head is absolutely to spec before putting in a cam.

You can fit the cam using the standard dowel but there is no guarantee its in the right place for an 1108.

Cheers

D

The engines solid, as far as I can tell, she was serviced every 6 months with engine flush and gtx magnatex, ok she's done 96k I think but after not being used for nearly a year started first time after a jump, and seemed fine.
Erm, what's a dowel?

Mate just get a haynes manual for how to do it and go to a garage and ask them if they can tell you the valve clearences for a pu to 75 as thats what the cam is 100% used on. They can go on autodata and print it off for you.

I think inlet is 0.40mm +-0.05 and exhaust is 0.50mm+-0.05.

If you don't have the exact shims for the job then make the clerence bigger rather than smaller as you want it to be a bit tappy rather that seize up once hot :p

Dan

p.s. Timing these engines up is easy, will also tell you in haynes.

Back