Technical hardwiring Headunit after Break in

Currently reading:
Technical hardwiring Headunit after Break in

_CinqueCento_

Breed of our own..
Well, As we all know people target fiats for easy break ins.. (they tryed forcing window down, tryed leavering top of door open) :mad: I was silly enough to leave my face on my headunit one nite & the poor car got busted into (lifted up driver side window seal & hooked lock up) and properly 'ripped' out my headunit the wires are bare.. :bang: - this all happened on my own driveway, lol..

The problem comes when trying to fit the old or buy a new one - Halfrauds "free fitting" dosen't cover hard wiring ('wire to wire' wiring useing chocolate blocks etc.) and charge 40-64 quid

If anyone can tell me the colours and functions of the standard wiring i would really be grateful, - i know which ones the isolater switch & rear speakers are..

Cheerz,
Scott

I'd not do it that way: you can get a replacement for the harness side connector from any auto electricians (or a scrap yard). They're pretty much all colour coded the same. Just use solder and heat shrink on the wires. Otherwise you'll have to chop the wires on your new unit which is just plain silly.

If you're gonna hard wire then you may aswell wire in an ISO block. This makes it easy to change your headunit in the future if you so wish. If you hardwire, you'll have to do it all again ;) With ISO you do it once. And its easy to do too...

ISO power wire guide (from memory)
Red - Switched Live (from ignition, but not acc. position in cinq so connect to constand 12v feed)
Yellow - Memory (constant 12v)
Black - Ground
orange - Illumination (can leave disconnected)
Blue - Motorised Aerial (can also leave disconnected)

Then you have your speaker connections which i cant rememer off the top of my head. Think they use green, grey, purple and white maybe. One in each colour pair will have a black line denoting the negative.

I will find out the cinq wires tomorrow as i plan to do the wiring of my carPC tomorrow (y)

Here you go..

Attachments

• Headunit ISO pinout.jpg
    Headunit ISO pinout.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 81
Back