General Hardtop

Currently reading:
General Hardtop

I would spray it silver to match the rest of the car . as for the price i take it you got a bargain . you will find the hardtop is great during the winter if you stay within the legal speed limit .

I would spray it silver to match the rest of the car . as for the price i take it you got a bargain . you will find the hardtop is great during the winter if you stay within the legal speed limit .

I think I got a good deal, bearing in mind I only offered the most I could afford.

I like the idea of it being silver from seeing KC's pics but it would be a nice contrast painted black....

I am actually looking forward to the winter now! Er....what is the legal limit again...:D

I always wondered how the black hardtop may sit over the silver.

Looks ok but silver on silver will look better.

I always have people comment how good the B looks with the hardtop on,
makes her look and feel more sporty. :)

Attachments

• pic's from phone 043.jpg
    pic's from phone 043.jpg
    567.3 KB · Views: 33
  • b pic.jpg
    b pic.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 28
  • barchetta4.jpg
    barchetta4.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 220
  • BBS_your_car_CV.jpg
    BBS_your_car_CV.jpg
    147 KB · Views: 78
I think leave it matt black, it looks great.

That didn't come from somewhere near Brighton did it? I nearly got a matt black one from near there a while back and could have got it for about £200 but didn't hear back from the guy who was selling it.

No, this was sitting in someone's garage quite near me. The price was the same though.

Ooh, jammy b*****d! :p

Well done on getting a bargain. I'm very interested in getting a hardtop, if I can get one for the winter I'm seriously considering selling my Golf and keeping the B as my daily driver. I've now got 3 cars and it's all getting a bit silly - time to thin down the fleet a little..

Cheers,

Plug

:D Thanks guys, it fits the car pretty well the only issues being a rattle behind passenger headrest.

I need to adjust the windows a little but the fit is almost spot on.

I am very pleased!

I think colour matched looks great.

The covers you mentioned are £50+ form Fiat. NOt a cheap buy.

Does the rear demister work ok or do you need to get it sorted in the fuse box?

(y)

The demister works perfectly, it was a plug and play affair :)

I really like the look of KC's car being colour coded, but I think I will keep it as matt black for a while or at least until my friend can spray it for me.

I have found that I need to make a few adjustments, there are a couple of grub screws that need to be adjusted in the pillars behind the seats and hopefully that will cure the rattle.
Do the locating spikes have any rubber covering them usually?

The demister works perfectly, it was a plug and play affair :)

I really like the look of KC's car being colour coded, but I think I will keep it as matt black for a while or at least until my friend can spray it for me.

I have found that I need to make a few adjustments, there are a couple of grub screws that need to be adjusted in the pillars behind the seats and hopefully that will cure the rattle.
Do the locating spikes have any rubber covering them usually?

The spikes should locate into a round slotted bracket on each side. I had to buy these as my B never had them. Has yours.

The spikes should locate into a round slotted bracket on each side. I had to buy these as my B never had them. Has yours.

I am not too sure about the brackets, have you got any pictures?

Shame about there not being rubber on the locating spikes, would have been quite well engineered.

My hard top has these spikes... I'm not sure what you're wanting a photo of. The spikes or sockets where they locate in the door pillars?

Steve

Hi Bumble, if you could get a picture of the sockets in the door pillars that would be great!

(y)

this may be what your looking for.... If you pull off the trim panel where the spikes go this is what I found fitted. I guess it locates the end of the spike? Not sure if there should be anything else.

DSC03065.JPG

Back