General Hardtop

Currently reading:
General Hardtop

No chance of the roof moving if fitted correctly. The metal one is 35kg so its not going anywhere...

The rear latches are adjustable with a 10mm spanner.

You biggest pain will be to adjust the windows to fit the roof seals. To do this you need to dismantle the doors.

aha... thanks for info guys... if you have any pictures of mounted hardtop, especially that "spiky" part i will be appreciated... (y)

i didn't know about vertical catches on each side... i only knew about those things for spikes...

Is this any help F4ust , The spike goes into the locator block which is in behind the plastic where the seatbelt reel is you might be lucky as i was , and might be there as not all B`s have them .

Attachments

• naread[2].png
    naread[2].png
    9.4 KB · Views: 40
i don't have that part with number 2... parts 8 and 10 came with hardtop. part number 10 looks have some hook... and where you hook that hooh?

The 'hook' is the bootom of the over centre locking latch that clamps the roof to the car. There is a matching slot in the triangular brackets that hold the spike to the roof.

thanks guys... i'm probably worried without a reason... i only need that part number 2 on picture... i will pay 500€ for that roof, what is good price but still a lot of money.

Seller and buyer have the same advantages. As a reseller you can keep the price because it is difficult to obtain parts, and as a buyer can put down the price because the seller will hard to find another buyer. This is not golf that you find in all parts of the ditch or crossroads.

i found one seller that sell that wind block thing behind seats... staring price was 400€ but now when i told him that he will never sell that part over here (400€ for 2 meters of thin tubes covered with mesh against flies, if you look closely ti looks like that...) then he offer me for 200€ as last price...

not sure how is in other countries, but barchettas are here very, very rare. also buying over eBay is not profitable because of high postage, high customs and high taxes... it's cheaper to order from fiat dealer. i asked Henk for hardtop... it will be 1000€ + 500€ postage + 15% customs + 22% taxes + a lot of paper works...

can't wait when we came into EU, but just for ordering via ebay. :D

Please excuse the poor quality of the photo. I have left my camera at school and had to use my phone. Photo is inside of the hardtop on the passenger side. Hope it helps.

Steve

thanks steve... that's what was looking for... so spike is only for positioning and that hook actually holds whole hardtop. thanks again... now will finally sleep at night. (y):D

could someone take down some specs for these spike fitting brackets please? I should have the hardtop next week and am keen on getting them done and ready for then...
:slayer::slayer::slayer:

Cheers,

Harris

could someone take down some specs for these spike fitting brackets please? I should have the hardtop next week and am keen on getting them done and ready for then...
:slayer::slayer::slayer:

Cheers,

Harris

same here... next week probably... i found once measurements for those brackets on http://www.barchettaforum.com/ but i cant find anymore. well i think you can attach roof without that brackets... brackets are only for positioning. barchetta (2001) from i will buy hardtop also does not have those brackets.

this is what i found so far...

Attachments

• IMGP4256.JPG
    IMGP4256.JPG
    254.4 KB · Views: 39
  • IMGP4246.JPG
    IMGP4246.JPG
    257.4 KB · Views: 28
  • IMGP4255.JPG
    IMGP4255.JPG
    245.9 KB · Views: 26
i will try to create better drawings... I'm not sure if those measurements are correct...

Although the location of the holes is obviously critical, I can't see why a bracket would have to be this shape. It could be possible to make one out of solid square section bar. Drill the two horizontal holes and use longer mounting bolts. The vertical hole, which houses the spike, is more complex because of the taper but this could be achieved by drilling a number of stepped pilot holes then cleaning out with a 10mm bit ground to the shape of the taper required. I was even thinking, this could be made from alloy which would make drilling easier. Any thoughts?

Steve

I finally got my hands on my 'new' hardtop today and noticed that there is a huge gap between the hard top and the windshield corner on the passenger side... any ideas on how to sort it out? even on the driver's side there is a gap. A quick comparison of the hood rubbers and the hard top rubbers showed that the former has larger knobby things on its end on either side than the latter, thus I think it is logical for the hardtop not to fit properly.

It should be noted though that I dont have the spike brackets yet and that I have shortened the rear clips as much as possible...

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Doesn't sound right. Mine went straight on and the front seals were fine. Adjusting the windows was the issue.

Hood seals are a loose fit and can be slid around the door frame. Make sure they are fully forward?

...looked at the seals again today during the weekly clean (complete waste of time in a rural area where the favourite traction is donkey cart..with roads to match..:mad:)

Curved seal from the top of the windscreen pillar matches perfectly with the opposite curve in the seal in the hardtop. I was wondering when I fitted it if it needed a mastic beading but so far its been fine, in some atrocious weather..

You sure the hardtop has the right seals fitted?

yes I think so mate, I will position the hardtop tomorrow and take some pics so you have a better idea of what I have to work with.

Strangely enough from what I can gather the windows do not need to be adjusted much... Other than that gap..

Back