Technical Hard top and ePer oddity

Currently reading:
Technical Hard top and ePer oddity

I've got a steel hard top that I'm gradually renovating in my spare time. The seals on the back window look sort of bodged so I thought I'd see if spares are available. I looked at my local copy of ePer which is release 84:

1645178375140.png

This shows just one exterior seal, part 47300160. I happened to then look at the ePer hosted here which is an older release V20:
1645178468206.png

and this has two seals the same outer one and an inner 46443781. I'm surprised that there is a difference between the two releases of ePer and it slightly concerns me. If I get the time I may get hold of a release 20 database and compare the data between the two versions to see if there are any other differences.

My hard top looks to only have the outer seal with the inner side of the glass being held in place with some roughly applied mastic. Does anyone with a steel hard top know how the rear window should be mounted and sealed? Could Fiat have abandoned the inner seal and just said to use mastic instead?

Not the greatest mystery in the world but it'd be interesting to get to the bottom of it.

Back