General Happy!

Currently reading:
General Happy!

hey chaps!

just got back from a holiday in Norfolk, and I wanted to report on the cars performance.

it was flipping great!

goin down, I averaged (when we arrived) 58 Mpg (Texaco Excellium). Around Norfolk, I average 56, dropping to 53 when I topped up for the journey home and averaged 55 for the trip home (put in bog standard tesco diesel, big difference isnt it?), and this, I am over the moon with!! This is after new air filter, battery and the EGR clean a few weeks ago.

If I am honest, before I bought this car, I figured TOPS I might get 50, because thats what I read was the economy of the engine, on a long run like this (Huddersfield to Mundesley), so to get these figures I am chuffed. Usually on a trip to Norfolk It has cost me in the region of £150-£200 in petrol (thats either in the V6 MX6 or the 2.7 TDI Maverick), but this trip has cost me £60 to fill up, which got me there and saw me though to today, where I then topped up £40 and that leaves me plenty for the next week or so!

awesome, well chuffed. The car was brilliant too, so good to drive, comfy, skyroof is just superb I love it all I need to do now is fit new discs and pads and do the tracking and drop link!

a pic i took..

DSCF2214.jpg

so mt you have mastered eper but not photoshop... ;)

i have a pretty cool one in Wales, when i had my 2nd Cinq. Ive got the sunset in the drivers mirror and the dark blue sky behind Ill see If i can dig it out this week... Altho i dont really wanna highjack and turn it into ANOTHER 'pics of your car' thread!

Good work Clive! I wanted a JTD for those figures but im stuck with my 1.6 runnin 10-20 MPG less :(

cheers chaps, im just chuffed with the car, its everything i wanted, and more.

im just really learning photography, no Photoshops are involved as I am trying to master the camera itself before moving onto touch up and so on. Im using a Fuji HS10, which tbh, is flippin brilliant, especially the zoom. I managed to capture several photos of two seals out to sea, can make out its markings and whiskers.

Im looking at selling that camera now though, and buying a proper dslr for astrophotography as the bridge cameras are just too limited for that kind of photography.

the place in the Photo is called Happisburgh in Norfolk, the lighthouse does work and it also has a webcam inside looking down over the car park

http://www.happisburgh.org.uk/webcam/

as we visit Happisburgh a couple of times a year, ive been waiting for this car park to be completed to take some decent photos with the ligthouse in the background. I like the idea with the light, it does actually work as well, although i think its more for show now as the lighthouse and homes below are privately owned now. its pretty quiet, and famous for the coastal errosion, which is really bad infact, its got worse since we were last there last October-lots of land has dissapeared!

Back